Dforce Pose Issue

MrRogerSmithMrRogerSmith Posts: 88

I'm trying to dforce a blanket to fall over a model laying down.  I have "Start Bones from Memorized Pose" set to "Off."  However, every time I try to run the simulation, the model moves to a pose which I had her in earlier, away from the blanket.  I've tried zeroing the model's pose before reposing her underneath the blanket, but she still moves back to this earlier pose.  (Turning that setting to "On" doesn't fix the problem, either.)

I've been having the same problem trying to run dforce sims for several different renders I've done in this scene.  The only fix has been to reload the model fresh before posing her, but I shouldn't have to do this.  I just can't figure out why the model won't stay put.

Any suggestions?

Post edited by MrRogerSmith on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,176

You used timeline for simulation or not?

• kervalakervala Posts: 184

I suspect the current frame in the timeline is not the one expected, so when you change the pose it only affects the current position and not the first one. When doing a dForce simulation using the timeline, the current frame is set on the processed last one.

• Thank you both.  I did not know I had any timeline keys set up but there they are.  I will clear those and try again.