Job: Transfer existing Daz asset to Genesis 8

Hi,

I got the CATOON package from the Daz store (its a cartoon cat), but unfortunately it's not using the Genesis 8 base. I want to animate it but also use some Genesis 8 Male morphs. I know its possible and would gladly pay someone to get the work done and 'transfer' it to use the Genesis 8 base. I tried the whole day to do it myself but failed miserably. 

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Unfortunately converting and sending the files would involve a breach of the license terms.

• Richard Haseltine said:

nfortunately converting and sending the files would involve a breach of the license terms.

Understood, but then how are artists creating assets for the Daz store, for instance animals that use the G8M or G8F as a base? 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited July 2023

ggrancharov said:

Richard Haseltine said:

nfortunately converting and sending the files would involve a breach of the license terms.

Understood, but then how are artists creating assets for the Daz store, for instance animals that use the G8M or G8F as a base? 

When a content creator creates a product for say G8M, what is included in their product is not directly the modified G8M.

For the shape, the product will only include "morph deltas" which tell DS how to modify the base G8M shape to give him the new shape, and/or properties and presets to apply those new morphs to the base figure. If it uses existing morphs from another set (say, the base head and body morphs) as part of the mix, all the product will provide is the properties or preset to apply those with the right amount, not the required morphs themselves.

In the same way, the textures provided in a pack will be completely new textures created by the vendor. If it uses textures from the base figure or from another set, the product will only provide a preset to apply them, not the textures themselves. In the same way, a texture pack for an outfit would only include the new textures and presets to apply them to the original outfit

So the product sold doesn't actually contain anything from the base figure, required morphs or other required product, and is useless without them.

Converting a product and sending it to you would be different since what the person doing the conversion would have to send you would be a derivative of the actual product files.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Leana said:

ggrancharov said:

Richard Haseltine said:

When a content creator creates a product for say G8M, what is included in their product is not directly the modified G8M.

For the shape, the product will only include "morph deltas" which tell DS how to modify the base G8M shape to give him the new shape, and/or properties and presets to apply those new morphs to the base figure. If it uses existing morphs from another set (say, the base head and body morphs) as part of the mix, all the product will provide is the properties or preset to apply those with the right amount, not the required morphs themselves.

In the same way, the textures provided in a pack will be completely new textures created by the vendor. If it uses textures from the base figure or from another set, the product will only provide a preset to apply them, not the textures themselves. In the same way, a texture pack for an outfit would only include the new textures and presets to apply them to the original outfit

So the product sold doesn't actually contain anything from the base figure, required morphs or other required product, and is useless without them.

Converting a product and sending it to you would be different since what the person doing the conversion would have to send you would be a derivative of the actual product files.

appreciate the answer. So what if I hire a 3d artist to create a cat in Blender - could I then somehow import it into Daz3d and use the G8M skeleton as such a morph?