List of G9 Core Figures

doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,042
edited April 26 in The Commons
I was interested in a list of G9 core figures released to date, but I didn't find one with a quick search, so:

01. Victoria 9 HD
02. Michael 9 HD
03. Josie 9
04. Pixie 9
05. Minerva 9 HD
06. Nikolai 9 HD
07. Ivar 9 HD
08. Freja 9 HD
09. Angela 9 HD
10. Thimor 9 HD
11. Joan 9 HD
12. Genghis Khan 9 HD
13. Xiu Lin 9 HD
14. Julia 9 HD
15. Lawrence 9 HD
16. Kiri 9 HD
17. Nathan 9 HD
18. Kala 9 HD
19. Ally 9
20. Olympia 9 HD
21. Olivia 9 HD
22. Van Helsing 9 HD
23. Julius 9 HD
24. Mira 9 HD
25. Calypso 9
26. Amelia 9 HD
27. Karmen 9 HD
28. Zack 9 HD
29. Dain 9 HD
30. Death 9 HD
31. Wang 9 HD
32. Maryam 9 HD
33. Chert the Troll 9 HD
34. Gren the Troll 9 HD
35. Snow Queen 9 HD
36. Jennie 9 HD
37. Walter 9 HD
38. Xola 9 HD
39. Tara 9 HD
40. Mercilus 9 HD Vampire Shape
41. Kara 9
42. Sophia 9
43. John 9
44. Hanako 9
45. Cheyenne 9
46. Neanderthal 9

I assembled the list via a quick survey of the store, filtering for Daz Originals bundles ordered by "New Arrivals" - please do post if I missed any core releases or messed up the order or the links.

Bonus List - Daz Originals G9 Orc Bundles:

01. Grommok Orc for Genesis 9 Bundle
02. Norba HD Orc for Genesis 9 Bundle
03. Grugmar HD Orc for Genesis 9 Bundle
04. Krugan HD Orc for Genesis 9 Bundle
05. Varg for Daz Dog 8 Bundle

Bonus List - Daz Originals G9 Cat Bundles:

01. Niketa the Lioness HD Pro Bundle
02. Lahr the Lion HD Pro Bundle
Post edited by doubledeviant on

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700
    edited July 2023

Thanks so much for doing this. It was so handy to have quick-look Genesis 2, 3, 8, & 8.1 Core Figures pages, though Daz refuses to keep the latter accurate and up to date. Your list is the same as my personal list.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,042
    edited July 2023
    @sid - Daz Originals characters with their generation number immediately following their name. For example, "Olympia 9 HD" is a core figure, while "Norba the Orc HD for Genesis 9" is not. That is the convention established by Daz, as seen in the links provided by xyer0 above:

G2: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-core-figures
    G3: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-core-figures
    G8: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-core-figures
    G8.1: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1-core-figures

Each generation features additional Daz Originals bundles, beyond the core releases, such as the G9 orc series. Lists of those additional bundles could be interesting.

I would like to see Daz maintain more lists in the store in general. For example, I've found this one useful:

https://www.daz3d.com/dinosaurs
  • sidsid Posts: 400

Thank you for the clarification!

Daz has removed the Genesis 8 and 8.1 Core Figure pages.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

xyer0 said:

indecisionno

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,330
    edited July 2023

xyer0 said:

surprisefrown

Post edited by caravelle on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,088

That feels like vandalism, the deliberate damage of something that worked, for no particular reason.

Regards,

Richard.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Thanks for the reference list. It will come in great handy later.

@AllenArt, @caravelle, @richardandtracy I put in a polite ticket to Sales Support entitled "G8/8.1 Core Figure Page Destruction." If you feel inclined to bother, please consider doing likewise or similar to request that the appropriate personnel are notified to recover those pages from the cache. Thanks for all your help over the years.

Niketa the Lioness HD Pro Bundle

Hmm. It's called a Pro Bundle, and it has the structure of a G9 Pro Bundle... but the character is "Niketa the Lioness HD for Genesis 9". Not "Niketa the Lioness 9 HD".

For now, it'll be mentioned here instead of added to the list.
  • KerseyKersey Posts: 46
    edited August 2023

Niketa is in the same bracket as the orcs, Norba the Orc HD for Genesis 9 (Norba 9) and Grugmar the Orc HD for Genesis 9 (Grugmar 9). If you look at their product pages they are quite similar to Niketas. And if I remember correctly both Norba and Grugmar was promoted as Norba 9 and Grugmar 9 when they were released. I think all three are in a grey zone, and maybe not considered core characters, but that's just my opinion.

Edit: Saw now that you mentioned the orcs yourself in an earlier post, and I agree with your take there.

Post edited by Kersey on
  • Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 499

Daz search is a mess as well. Did a search for '8 HD Add-On' and checked Genesis 8 Female. Got a hit for Victoria 8.1 HD Add-On. They should definitely invest into a better search engine..

• The missing pages appear to be related to the new navigation dropdown. 

Cluck on the "hamburger"/stacked lines at upper left of a store page, then Shop > Characters > Humans; you end on the same page the 8 and 8.1 links (in this thread) now go to. And it's a mess; not even filtering by generation gets you only the core figures. 

I know it's a bit off-topic, but does anyone know of a thread like this for G8 & G8.1 core figures, since I am getting more into those and could use a list? (Yes, that is probably my picture topping the results list for "Late Adopter" search.)

edited September 2023

...does anyone know of a thread like this for G8 & G8.1 core figures, since I am getting more into those and could use a list? (Yes, that is probably my picture topping the results list for "Late Adopter" search.)

I (dimly) recall an older thread in which someone was maintaining a large list of core figures and release dates, but I didn't find it with a quick search, and I don't remember if it extended through G8. I think it included at least part of the line, but I'm not sure about it.

It's a real shame that Daz removed the G8 and 8.1 pages. It was nice to have concise, visual lists.

The dinosaurs list is gone, too. :|
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,330
    edited September 2023

@doubledeviant, thank you for keeping this list up to date!

Post edited by caravelle on
  • sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited September 2023

doubledeviant said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

...does anyone know of a thread like this for G8 & G8.1 core figures, since I am getting more into those and could use a list? (Yes, that is probably my picture topping the results list for "Late Adopter" search.)

I (dimly) recall an older thread in which someone was maintaining a large list of core figures and release dates, but I didn't find it with a quick search, and I don't remember if it extended through G8. I think it included at least part of the line, but I'm not sure about it.

It's a real shame that Daz removed the G8 and 8.1 pages. It was nice to have concise, visual lists.

The dinosaurs list is gone, too. :|

This is what I've been referring to:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5370346/#Comment_5370346

More in this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/590291/got-a-current-list-of-g8-1-core-figures

Post edited by sazzyazzca on

@miladyderyni_173d399f47 Here's a list of G8 Core Figures. G8.1 is forthcoming.

Updated to include recent releases. Unlike the orc and cat characters, Chert and Gren (trolls) use the naming convention for core figures, so I've added them to the main list.
    edited February 24
    Updated to include Mercilus - That's forty "Character 9" releases, if my count is correct.

caravelle said:

@doubledeviant, thank you for keeping this list up to date!

Ditto 

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited April 15

From the Details section Laura 9 is listed but it's not in the list of Supported Characters. A hint of what is to come perhaps?

https://www.daz3d.com/astrania-hd-suit-and-armor-for-genesis-9

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited April 15
    Haruchai said:

From the Details section Laura 9 is listed but it's not in the list of Supported Characters. A hint of what is to come perhaps?

https://www.daz3d.com/astrania-hd-suit-and-armor-for-genesis-9

Also present on the pages for some Mihrelle hairs (Dutch Braids; Dutch Braided Ponytails; Afro Puff), some Belladzines outfits (Boho Style Outfit; Gabby Outfit), Nikisatez's Precious Jumpsuit Outfit, and Demian's Sci-Fi Guard Outfit.

Possibly a reference to "Laura for Genesis 9 Character Preset" from Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, as most of the items also mention "Amala 9" and "Kat 9" - Amala and Kat being the names of other presets from G9SE.