Issues With Geometry on Old Japanese Town Edo vol3

EscribanoEscribano Posts: 102

I have had this product in my library for a while, but have not tried to use it until now: https://www.daz3d.com/old-japanese-town-edo-vol3

It uses pp2 file format, so I assume it was made for Poser. When I have used older products in the past, I seem to recall that Daz did some sort of conversion and saved a geometry file somewhere. That does not seem to be working for two of the objects in the set.

When I first load the set into a scene, everything looks fine. However, when I open the scene file later, a couple of the objects have lost their geometry and appear as gray blocks. I presume that Daz is not converting those objects correctly, or perhaps not at all. I see this error messages for one of the objects in the log:

2023-07-17 14:10:48.852 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(12995): UV Set: "/data/auto_adapted/chokibune_1108/geometry_a9f55f74_81da_9a49_15aa_642770de8bc2/chokibune.dsf#default" has wrong vertex/facet count
2023-07-17 14:10:48.852 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(2319): UVs for geometry not found.

Is there anything I can do to get those objects to work properly?

Thanks!

Post edited by Escribano on

Comments

• Yes, I see that - with the boat (which I seem to recall was a bit odd, I think I took it itno a modeller to try fixing somne apparent issues - though not with saving) and the base for a building. Looking at the log (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) it seems to be an issue related to the vertex count in the UV files vs the actual geometry vertex count, so presumably soemthing caused an issue on saving (rather than the AutoAdapted files not being created).

• OK, so I took the building model's OBJ into modo, selected everything that was showing in the UV view, and hid it - as I suspected, there were soem unmapped geometries left (mostly just edges linking vertices, which DS used not to support) - deleting those and resaving the OBJ I was then able to load and save the scene with no missing building. I can't share the result, though it should be possible to match it in Blender (fortunately there are no morphs to be confused by the changed vertex count). I haven't checked to see if the boat is the same. Please rport these issues to Daz via a Technical Support ticket.

• EscribanoEscribano Posts: 102

Richard Haseltine said:

OK, so I took the building model's OBJ into modo, selected everything that was showing in the UV view, and hid it - as I suspected, there were soem unmapped geometries left (mostly just edges linking vertices, which DS used not to support) - deleting those and resaving the OBJ I was then able to load and save the scene with no missing building. I can't share the result, though it should be possible to match it in Blender (fortunately there are no morphs to be confused by the changed vertex count). I haven't checked to see if the boat is the same. Please rport these issues to Daz via a Technical Support ticket.

Will do. Thank you for looking into this!