DIM and DazCentral not finding installed content. No Smart Content in Daz Studio

nabob21nabob21 Posts: 951

Hello,

I had a problem yesterday with Daz Sudio and Daz Central and DIM. It turns out that somehow the external drive that I had everything installed to had, for some reason, reassigned the drive letter. I have changed the drive letter back but DAZ Studio will not show Smart Content now, however I can find everything if I look in the content library, It also seems the DIM and Daz Central are now messed up too. I tried fixing the paths and both DIM and DazCentral now see where all the downloads are but they think nothing is installed. Does anyone know how to fix these problems?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nabob21

Post edited by nabob21 on

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,307
    edited July 2023

nabob21 said:

Hello,

I had a problem yesterday with Daz Sudio and Daz Central and DIM. It turns out that somehow the external drive that I had everything installed to had, for some reason, reassigned the drive letter. I have changed the drive letter back but DAZ Studio will not show Smart Content now, however I can find everything if I look in the content library, It also seems the DIM and Daz Central are now messed up too. I tried fixing the paths and both DIM and DazCentral now see where all the downloads are but they think nothing is installed. Does anyone know how to fix these problems?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nabob21

I would uninstall everything you installed with DazCentral, and uninstall DazCentral as well. Reinstall the uninstalled content using DIM.

Check in DIM the location of the Manifest folder (gear icon - Basic Settings). If any is wrong, click gear icon - Advanced Settings and change as needed. Do the same to check the Database location. In Daz Studio, select Edit - Preferences, CMS tab and check that the Database location matches.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 951
    edited July 2023

Oh no. I have thousands of items installed.Can things be installed manually and still show up in smart content? After playing around DIM and Daz Central see everything is installed but there are no install dates and nothing shows up in Smart Content.

Post edited by nabob21 on

Is there some way I can access plugin without the Smart Content?

• Which plug-in?

The issues with thinking thingsa re not isntalled is probably not finding the manifestr files created on isntalaltion, which is how DIM and Daz Central track their actions.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

It sounds like it's important to try and figure out exactly what went wrong. If the drive letter being reassigned broke Smart Content then it sounds like you also had your CMS path on that drive. In which case I would make sure that the CMS path is set to the correct location in both DIM and Daz Studio. If this had reset then what potentially happened is that the CMS could not find it's database files since the path was no longer there and thus created a new empty database. This would explain why you can see the files in Content Library but Smart Content is empty.

Hopefully, restoring the path to the correct location and then potentially restarting Daz Studio should bring it back.  However, if all else fails, you can rebuild the Smart Content by going to COntent DB maintenance and selecting reimport metadata. This will read back in all the Smart Content as per the installed files from Daz - you will only get any custom changes you may have made if you backed up your UserData.

Richard, the plugin is Measure Metrics. Figure metrics shows up in the utilties folde in the content library but measure metrics doesn't.

• Measure metrics is, as younsay, a plug-in - it was palced in the applications own folder (in the Plugins sub-folder somewhere) and doesn't in any way depend on the content management system or content directories to appear. Is it still in Help>About Installed Plug-ins?

Yes it it there in Help>About Installed Plug-ins.

• Has it lost its serial number (in which case it will have a greyed-out template, with XXXX for most of the characters, over which you can enter the real serial)? If so then I would suspect your drive changing letter was a sympom rather than cause, and your system may have suffered a more serious failure/data loss.

Hi Richard, the serial number was good but for some reason it didn't show up. However there have been some good developments. After messing around with file paths and re-importing meta data a few time everything seems to be working again. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. It is appreciated.

nabob21