Reminder: How do you get Misty's G7 and G8 figures to morph/conform in Carrara?

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
edited July 2023 in Carrara Discussion

Greetings.  Been a while since I have tried to use these figures beyond a quick load to use as a reference to model around them.  So long that I have had to do a reinstall of everything, so am not confident that I have everything where and how should be.  If you intend to load one of Misty's Genesis 7 or Genesis 8 figures in Carrara, apply morphs, and conform content such as hair and clothing, and then render in Carrara, what are the basic steps?

- Do you apply the skin textures to the figure in Studio first?

- Do you apply various morphs to the figure in Studio first?

- Do you conform the blended weight assets to the figure in Studio first?

- If you apply textures or morph the genesis 8 figure in Studio first, how do you save it for further use?  Character preset?  Scene subset?  Other?

- What else do I need to be aware of?

Note - I tried applying the textures and morphing in Studio then saving as a character preset but then the load time in Carrara was forever, and I still had trouble attempting to morph further.

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

I did all my shader presets in Carrara

clothes I don't fit just convert to blended weight and save as scene subset

it will fit each piece in turn if you click the scene subset with the figure selected

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited July 2023

Diomede - You can take it with a grain of salt, but a little bird told me that in the original product, there is a documentation file which answers all of your questions.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

I would have to download the files from Rendo again to find them.  I think I mentioned all the computer migration I had to do.  Oh well, at least the Genesis 3 files should be easy to get from the Rendo file locker.