How to get the Large preview image of each Parameter ?

I hope I make sense, not sure its the right term.

In some Shaping sections I see LARGE image previews of what each slider does whilst in other sections I see the tiny image and slider.

What controls this or triggers the large preview ?

There are some expression or shaping silders I wish I could see better instead of playing with each slider and testing it on my Figure.

Any clue ? or do I need to get in there an create .tip.png for each!? - but I am not talking about the Tooltip window that pops up when you hover over a .duf. I am strictly talking about Parameters tab and all the other places where Sliders are located. In some places I get the Large preview format per slider while in others its the tiny image. (27" monitor at 4k here, maybe its not "tiny" for you)

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Those are controlled by the "Region" coding in the figures main DSF asset file, only the main "Actor" region has the large cards turned "on", any dial in a sub region uses the small card.

The main asset can be editted to have all regions use the large card, but if you mess that up you will have to reinstall the figures starter essentials.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,176
    edited July 2023

1) "Large Preview" is only enabled in Shaping pane, with prerequisites: a) The dial must be a shaping morph; b) The dial must have a full Path definition: Region(Actor) + Group(s) while Region(Actor) only or Region(Actor) + sub-Region(s) doesn't work ; c) A bigger thumbnail image is assigned to Card in dial - Parameter Settings ( meaningless if there's not...)
    2) It doesn't work for Expressions (Pose Control dials) you mentioned.

Mostly this function is for previewing Character control morphs (Character single dial) and full / partial body morphs. So it depends on users' preferences, if you'd like to spend time on customizing these dials, technically you can do it, but not really recommended....

PS: Technically, you may just click that Gear Icon to edit these data or drag the dial to the designated group in Edit mode. But do not touch Head Morphs, they should be under Head region otherwise you'll have trouble to save a Shaping preset for Head only.

Post edited by crosswind on