Facial expressions doesn't work...

Hi people, 

I'm facing a problem with the First Light Bundle for Genesis 8.1 https://www.daz3d.com/first-light-bundle-for-genesis-81

I bought the whole bundle, even the very same character as on the promo yet somehow there is still no way to get the facial expressions to work on the character. I can easily find the expressions on my content library but even if I double click on them they never apply on my character for some weird reason.... Everything else from the bundle is working, even the poses, it's just the facial expressions that doesn't work at all... 

Can someone help me?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175
    edited July 2023

First, make sure you use G8.1F as these expressions don't work on G8.0 without FACS support. Then check the folder "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\FACS" in your Daz Library, anything wrong with the files?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Justin_AmesJustin_Ames Posts: 139

What's a FACS support?

Facial Coding System for Expressions starting from G8.1, which supports FaceCap with ARKit...

Can I find it in the Daz Store?

Yes, but they're already included in Genesis 8 Starter Essentials and Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, for free...

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Probably made for G8, which means they wont work on G8.1 under it's default setup.

How do I use it though?.. I'm sorry, I'm kinda new to daz..