DAZ Studio has wigged out, no PostSQL CMS!

Help!  I was using DAZ Studio yesterday and early this morning with no problems, then I tried to uninstall the UltraScenery Accelorator and now I have all kinds of problems!  I tried to replace the PostSQL CMS file from another pc, that didn't work.  I tried to uninstall DAZ Studio, all that did was bring up an Install Manager help file for ever file I was trying to uninstall.  I did a virus scan and malware, all clear.  I just did this complete re-install to fix a major problem with DAZ Studio...please, can someone shed any light on this?  Not a newbie here...

Comments

• Copying the database files can cause issues as postgreSQL is sensitive  to ownership (prsumably as a guard against other processes altering its files mid-refresh). Your description of what is happening is not clear. It is possible that anti-virus or the like took exception to soem part of the uninstall; it is also possible that an update just triggered soem kind of false positive reaction. There may have been a disc error. Even soemthing as simple as a full drive for the database can cause issues.

Please describe what is happening, with screenshots of any errors or warnings (you may need tio use an external host, uploading to the forum is currently problematic).

• wu_shing7wu_shing7 Posts: 8

I couldn't even post a screen capture here to show you, I got fed up and had to delete my DAZ Studio directory.  What's the best way to start over?  Thanks for responding by the way....

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

Starting over?  Well, reinstalling I'd say.

• wu_shing7wu_shing7 Posts: 8

You won't believe this but I had to delete the DAZ Studio directory two more times after I tried to run it, finally CMS connected.  Any tips on preserving this state?  Thanks again!