uber surface options not showing

I'm having trouble with uber surface. I can find it in shader presets, and apply it to my character but I don't have any of the options I see on this page:

https://www.omnifreaker.com/index.php?title=UberSurface#Product_Description

I don't have fantom, or raytrace or any of that stuff. 

The shader says "Iray uber base" in presets. Is this the correct one? I am applying it to the whole character surfaces but as I say no sign of raytrace or fantom even when I unhide everything. I'm using daz4.20 pro

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    edited July 2023

No, Iray Uber is a different shader. It is for Iray. The omnifreaker one is for 3Delight.

Post edited by barbult on
  • JImWJImW Posts: 26

barbult said:

No, Iray Uber is a different shader. It is for Iray. The omnifreaker one is for 3Delight.

Oh, okay. Thanks,. 

I'm trying to render just the shadow of a character. Is there a way to do this in Iray? I thought I might be able to use fantom for that.

• Bumping here because I am trying to do  the same thing; i swear to god that I managed to get Fantom to render just the shadow, ONCE, and I have never been able to duplicate it. Rendering in Iray using the free Ubershader, just  trying to get this surface to cast a shadow without showing in render.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    edited July 2023

In recent versions of Daz Studio, use this for Iray shadow only:

1. In the Scene pane, select the object that you want to cast the shadow but be invisible.
    2. In the Parameters pane, Expand the Display section to show the Rendering section.
    3. Right click in the Parameters pane and select Edit Mode.
    4. Right click in the Parameters pane and select Create New Property...
    5. Create a boolean property named Iray Visible to Primary Rays and put it in the path Display/Rendering/Iray.
    6. Right click in the Parameters pane and uncheck Edit Mode.
    7. Set your new Iray Visible to Primary Rays parameter to Off.
    8. Render the scene in Iray.
    9. You should see the shadow of the selected object, but not the object itself.

I made screenshots and renders to show this, but Daz will not let me upload them at this time (a known and ongoing problem).

Edit: I finally got the images uploaded.

Viewport with a Plane floor, G9, and a spotlight

Iray Visible to Primary Rays parameter added to G9

Rendered result with G9 shadow but G9 invisible

Post edited by barbult on