How to import a scene over a scene without Environment and tonemapper.

So i made this scene which was exeeding my ram limit so the extent where I could'nt even Iray preview it without my system hanging so i divided it in 2 parts (1. Characters and some part of the set around the characters and 2. reset of the set), and then i made some lighting changes changes in the first part where my characters are. So I rendered the first part and then i removed the characters from it and then imported the part 2 to make the set complete but without the characters. It also imported the Enviornment and tonemapper settings of part 2 which i changed to exactly the same to what part 1 had but the lighting is style some what different enough for both render to look different when I merge them. Not mentiond the with scene with characters take around 2 hrs to load.

So is there a way to import the scene onto the current without the Enviorment and tonemappers node settings to my current scene's settings remain after Importing the 2nd scene.

Thanks.

Post edited by zaselim_08eb9236 on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

I don't think so. I think you should save a Render Preset of the settings in Scene 1 (the settings that you want to used in both scenes). Then apply that preset to the second scene after loading it.

File/Save as/ Render Settings Preset

• Got it, I will check that out thanks.

• Use a Scene Subset to save witrhout those nodes.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Richard Haseltine said:

Use a Scene Subset to save witrhout those nodes.

Or just delete them before you save.

It's beyond annoying though - Daz will interrupt a load it it finds a duplicate ID - even though it doesn't appear to make any difference to the scene - but it's happy to destroy your lighting without aking first.

• I think save render preset is the best option because i have tried the subset option and still do for other reasons but if you import a subset scene on a already load scene then Environment and tonmapper nodes goes away and you have set them again. Same thing happens if you import a scene with no/deleted Environment and tonmapper nodes. I made this thread after trying subset and deleting method.