Scene optimizer and DUF file size

My scene DUF file was around 5 megabytes before running Scene optimizer and now it is 200 megabytes.

A character saved as a sub scene was 344 kilobytes before running optimizer and now the file size is 84 megabyte.

Yes I can render scenes with more things in it on my GPU but now things take much longer to load and the file size  is a problem on my SSD.

Is this normal behaviour for scene optimizer?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,176

Nah...haven't seen such an issue before...since if DUF file size suddenly turned that big, it would be noticeably seen when saving the file (progress bar...). What did you 'optimize' with SO?  Is there any simulated dForce items (especially with timeline) in your scene?

• svagsiggesvagsigge Posts: 36

Oh I see, yes I had simulated the hair and clothes before running scene optimizer and also when saving the individual characters.

I did not know that dForce with timeline added so much to the file size. Have not used more than one dForce items in a scene before and in this one all clothes and hair was dForce.

It was back to original file sizes after I cleard the simulation.

Yea, that was the culprit ~~ the simulated result on each frame with be saved in DUF file. I ever made an animation with simulated hair and dress on timeline (1700 frames), then the saved file size was nearly 3GB...
    If you just go for static rendering while have to use timeline to simulate a dForce item, you may export the simulated result of the last frame to obj file, clear the simuation and import back obj with Morph Loader Pro to create a single dial of the 'simulated morph' on that dForce item. That'll be all fine...

• svagsiggesvagsigge Posts: 36

Thanks, that was good to know. I like to save all scenes and started to worry about file size.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

If you turn dforce simulations into morphs often (or don't want to do it the manual way) there is a product in the store that can do this for you: dForce2Morph

But pls be noted there're 2 biggest problems of that script: (pretty annoying in most of the cases)
    1) Your figure's X,Y,Z ( T/R/S ) values must be all 0 or it will reset them for you with no warning. You have to memorize the pose or save a pose preset first;
    2) For some 'very customized figure', the saved result will be doomed.

The script is useful for the case of making garments. If not, suggest go for manual manipulation.