DAZ DIM update installation failure

DIM informed me of update, I let it do it. The update failed. 

The current version I am using appears to be working fine: version 1.3.1.44 64-bit.

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

My update via DIM also failed (something about a failed download?). I just grabbed the 'manual copy' (https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_14811) and installed that and all was fine and am now running version 1.4.1.44

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited July 2023

yeah tried but mine is just a mess,

this made it worse as now I cannot install anything either

I will have to uninstall everything by looks and start over since I had my C drive replaced, at least I don't have to redownload it all I can grab my saved zips off my Win7's external

my biggest issue is PostgreSQL will not install, I set the Firewall to allow it but it still won't

DIM at least still installed my now dumb content but now won't even do that

and Windows keeps deleting the installer!!!

I might just manually install stuff for now, so much for using future betas

oneday buy a big NAS with cloud backup and put everything on that for both computers, it's just getting ridiculous

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,307

SimonJM said:

My update via DIM also failed (something about a failed download?). I just grabbed the 'manual copy' (https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_14811) and installed that and all was fine and am now running version 1.4.1.44

It should have launched normally after the initial installation.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,176

SimonJM said:

Same issue, so I had to do the same, no problem now ~

• Yes, I get that too. Going to try a direct download (which I see SimonJM has already suggested)

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

Mine said it failed also.

I restarted it anyway and seems to be fine.

I'll report back if I encounter any problems though.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

IceCrMn said:

Mine said it failed also.

I restarted it anyway and seems to be fine.

I'll report back if I encounter any problems though.

I also got the error but it seems to be running ok. I installed three updates that don't have any issue so far. yes

• The error actually seems related to the GoDaddy certificates, which are being downloaded as they sometimes help with the issue some people had with SSL Handshake errors. However, the code for this was present in the previous couple of versions - it is therefore odd that it seems to be causing a problem now.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454
    edited July 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

The error actually seems related to the GoDaddy certificates, which are being downloaded as they sometimes help with the issue some people had with SSL Handshake errors. However, the code for this was present in the previous couple of versions - it is therefore odd that it seems to be causing a problem now.

There's a remnant file left in the downloads folder, even with the option to remove all files after installing. The file that's left over is "IM00050873_InstallManagerWin64.dsx", it's only 1kb so for now I'm going to leave it, but what are dsx files used for, are they certificates?

Post edited by jd641 on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765
    edited July 2023

jd641 said:

There's a remnant file left in the downloads folder, even with the option to remove all files after installing. The file that's left over is "IM00050873_InstallManagerWin64.dsx", it's only 1kb so for now I'm going to leave it, but what are dsx files used for, are they certificates?

DSX files are just Daz Studio XML files - they are structured text files used for configuration. Therefore, they are safe to open in a text editor (e.g. notepad) for reading purposes if you are curious.

However, those ones only contain a little bit of information - similar to what you can see in the tooltip when hovering over a product within DIM. They are not anything to do with certificates, unfortunately.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
    edited July 2023

SofaCitizen said:

jd641 said:

DSX files are just Daz Studio XML files - they are structured text files used for configuration. Therefore, they are safe to open in a text editor (e.g. notepad) for reading purposes if you are curious.

However, those ones only contain a little bit of information - similar to what you can see in the tooltip when hovering over a product within DIM. They are not anything to do with certificates, unfortunately.

See the ProductFileGuid section on this page:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/tech_articles/package_supplement_file/start#elements_attributes

It is basically a MD5 digest of the associated package.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5#Applications.

While not a "certificate" as such, a "MD5 digest" (aka "checksum") is used for verification purposes.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

well after more fiddling in windows security and firewall I can at least get DIM to download my purchases, PostgreSQL just keeps popping up but DIM is deleting it after install as it is set to with downloads on this PC then it wants to download it again

it IS installed and added to Firewall allowed but not behaving obviously

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

I was reading this thread after I kicked off the DIM installation on my MacBook Pro M1 and I have had no problems. Was it a Windows issue only or did the DAZ Wizards fix it overnight?

Mary

memcneil70 said:

I was reading this thread after I kicked off the DIM installation on my MacBook Pro M1 and I have had no problems. Was it a Windows issue only or did the DAZ Wizards fix it overnight?

Mary

Windows only, and a fix is on the horizon.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

well after more fiddling in windows security and firewall I can at least get DIM to download my purchases, PostgreSQL just keeps popping up but DIM is deleting it after install as it is set to with downloads on this PC then it wants to download it again

Are you referring to the Default Install Set?

DoctorJellybean said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I suffered a hard drive failure a fortnight ago and got my PC back with a new C drive last week so this was a really bad time for DIM to be having installation issues when I have been installing everything from scratch and Windows Security Essentians haven't yet been tailored by me to my needs, I was having issues already then this didn't improve matters at all, I had copied over lots of files from what was recovered along with a json file that shows installation paths so DIM would be populated by the manifests and I wouldn't have everything shown as not installed (that bit worked) but it looks like it also messed with the installation.

Likewise many of my other preference files, in hindsight I should have just done the clean install then added things bit by bit, PostgreSQL is showing in DIM as NOT installed, probably because I manually installed DAZ studio and my plugins etc as I usually do software not content.

The trouble is then when CMS wouldn't run I uninstalled it all and used DIM and the mess began.

edited July 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

DoctorJellybean said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I suffered a hard drive failure a fortnight ago and got my PC back with a new C drive last week so this was a really bad time for DIM to be having installation issues when I have been installing everything from scratch and Windows Security Essentians haven't yet been tailored by me to my needs, I was having issues already then this didn't improve matters at all, I had copied over lots of files from what was recovered along with a json file that shows installation paths so DIM would be populated by the manifests and I wouldn't have everything shown as not installed (that bit worked) but it looks like it also messed with the installation.

Likewise many of my other preference files, in hindsight I should have just done the clean install then added things bit by bit, PostgreSQL is showing in DIM as NOT installed, probably because I manually installed DAZ studio and my plugins etc as I usually do software not content.

The trouble is then when CMS wouldn't run I uninstalled it all and used DIM and the mess began.

I would suggest a clean install, and install PostgreSQL and DS with DIM using the Default Install Set. Assuming your content is on a secondary drive, I would put the Manifest folder on the secondary drive and point DIM to that.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

I think I will wait for a version of DIM that doesn't throw up errors before I do that

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,118

Windows  >  working ..+   with-out Manuel Install  +  Thanx