failed loading or rendering

Whenever I try to load or render a larg scene or 3 or more characters it fails half the time, rendering all the time but this is only with large environments or multiple ppl, is there a thread on this I missed? Here's a pic of my error log but I don't know where to look

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

There is no pic - probably because forum uploads are currently failing most of the time.

However, if the render exits with a black screen you are probably running out of VRAM on your graphics card. To resolve this is you either need to ensure you have CPU fallback enabled so larger scenes will render via CPU (taking WAY longer to complete) or use one of the scene opimisation products to reduce the resources required by the scene. Obviously, if you are in a position to upgrade your graphics card to something with more vram then that will help - to a point.

• Rev3DRev3D Posts: 69
    edited July 2023

I was having this problem myself, was running RTX 3070 with 8gb VRAM and the renders kept crashing Iray taking a long time to load. Decided to upgrade to a RTX 4090 as DAZ requires a lot of VRAM which the 4090's have, the change was like flicking a switch! Iray would load intantly and the renders wouldn't crash with the time to render dropping down significantly. So without knowing what your setup is I can only imagine you are running a graphics card that doesn't have a lot of VRAM. Upgrading your graphics in my opinion is a must even if that's changing to a 3090. You'll see the change straight away I'm sure.

Hope this helps :)

Post edited by Rev3D on