Content Library repair after Duplicate Formulas Found error

Hello, I recently experienced the "Duplicate Formulas Found" error specific to Genesis 3 Female. As far as I can tell, the duplicate items were Renderosity items that I installed using DIM but had apparently installed manually previously. In an attempt to remove any items that may have been duplicates, I deleted them using the "delete" function from within the content library. That was a mistake as I did not realize that it did not remove the "behind the scenes" files (like morphs) that can still be seen in the tools tabs. Now I have to locate all the files that were installed in various folders to completely remove that asset from my library and hopefully resolve the duplicate formula error.

Is there a way (product, script, etc.) to find these stray folders and files other than manually locating each and deleting them one by one?

Thank you for your assistance!

Comments

• Duplicate Formulas is not duplicate fiels - it is duplicate formulas, that is code establishing a link between two properties where theer are two defitinitions with the same names at each end of the link. Usually that happens when two characters use the same, not very distinctive, name. Deleting a product may help, if it removes one of the two common links (or sets of links) but it may not.

As for restoring the status quo, was this the DIM or a manual install you were trying to remove?

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

As far as I am aware, if you installed something via DIM you can uninstall it via DIM and it will remove all the files it added. For anything that was installed manually, you will have to delete everything one by one unfortunately.

• Thank you for the advice. That is unfortunate to hear. I recently installed over 200 products. The sales were too good to pass up! While many of them were installed using DIM, of course, there are another 20 or more that were installed manually. It was a brain fart on my part. Ordinarily, I would install them into a separate "Third Party" folder. But I forgot. And, as luck would have it, I was rewarded with the duplicate formulas error.

Everything I have read in the forums has said that when this occurs, it could be due to a glitch with one of the installs and that should be reported as a ticket. However, many of the people that have experienced this same problem also found that they had installed a duplicate item into separate libraries. In my case, that means I installed third-party assets into my "Third Party Library" and into "My Daz Library."

If I am misunderstanding previous posts on this subject that would be great. If not, it means I have to remove and clean up those duplicate files to get rid of the error. Unfortunately, it is far easier to delete and reinstall the entire library than it is to hunt down a few erroneous folders. I had hoped that there was a script or product (like Content Library from Ice Dragon, or something similar).

Thanks again for your input!

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

Well, duplicate formulas are not always a glitch - most of the time they occur when two PAs use the same UniqueID for an item in their product. This can only really be raised as a support ticket if both products were purchased from the same store - technically if the products are from two different places then they would both claim that the other one is "wrong" and so would not fix it.  In the future Daz will generate unique values internally so at some point we will not have this issue with new products - AFAIK there is no good solution for existing products tho :(

Obviously, if the same product has been installed to two different libraries then that could be considered a glitch and unfortunately something that needs to be sorted out yourself :(

It's a bit of a pain but if you still have the zip files for those things you installed manually, you can open them up to the side and that will give you the list of files and their locations to aid with the removal.

When you are manually installoing how do you do that, do you extract the zips into the base library or extract them to the side and copy/merge the files? If it's the second option then there is a possibly idea you can try before wiping and starting again - in theory if you were to copy/merge the folders again (clicking yes to overwrite the existing files) and then undo that then there is a possibility that this would have the effect of removing the files from the library since it would not be able to restore the replaced files? That's a bit of a theoretical long-shot so should only be attempted as a last resort before doing a wipe.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,176
    edited July 2023

In fact you can easily find the 'culprit' in Log file after you load a Base figure while checking the morph dials in Parameters pane at the same time, where you may quickly locate the 'problematic dsf files' ...

If you don't need the relevant product(s), just delete the files from your library by refering to the 'folder structures' in product ZIP file(s). If you DO need the product(s), you may also simply change the 'confilict IDs' by yourself...

I've ever given a guideline in here, the approach is almost the same -: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8210916/#Comment_8210916

Just attach your Log if you'd like... we may help to check.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

In the event that you can see something here that would prevent me from reloading my library which is nearly 400 GB, I would certainly appreciate the multiple sets of eyes on this. Thank you! 

txt
    txt
    Log.txt
    edited July 2023

gepetersiii said:

crosswind said:

In the event that you can see something here that would prevent me from reloading my library which is nearly 400 GB, I would certainly appreciate the multiple sets of eyes on this. Thank you! 

In your log, there's only one dsf file (ESS Euni Head.dsf) comes from a product named ESS-Euni (from Rendo site)... and it's not a typical Duplicate formulas errors resulting from conflict url, just the wrong formula definition .

If you don't need this character product, go to your Daz Library -  /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/ESS, delete all sub-folders there related to Euni, and refer to the folder structure in its Prodcut ZIP file to delete other folders under People, Runtime...

If you still need this character, use a text editor (Notepad++, Emeditor, etc.) to open the file "ESS Euni Head.dsf" in the folder "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/ESS/ESS Euni Head/", delete the lines from 5666 to 5681, and save. Reload your G3F...

SNAG-2023-7-10-0032.png
    2560 x 1400 - 135K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • gepetersiiigepetersiii Posts: 86
    edited July 2023

crosswind said:

gepetersiii said:

crosswind said:

In your log, there's only one dsf file (ESS Euni Head.dsf) comes from a product named ESS-Euni (from Rendo site)... and it's not a typical Duplicate formulas errors resulting from conflict url, just the wrong formula definition .

If you don't need this character product, go to your Daz Library -  /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/ESS, delete all sub-folders there related to Euni, and refer to the folder structure in its Prodcut ZIP file to delete other folders under People, Runtime...

If you still need this character, use a text editor (Notepad++, Emeditor, etc.) to open the file "ESS Euni Head.dsf" in the folder "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/ESS/ESS Euni Head/", delete the lines from 5666 to 5681, and save. Reload your G3F...

Wow! That's incredible. Thank you for finding that. I knew that the ESS Euni character was the conflict but I could not figure out how to fix it. I ad deleted it but did not get the files that were in the runtime apparently.

What is it about those lines that are causing the conflict?

Post edited by gepetersiii on

gepetersiii said:

crosswind said:

gepetersiii said:

crosswind said:

Wow! That's incredible. Thank you for finding that. I knew that the ESS Euni character was the conflict but I could not figure out how to fix it. I ad deleted it but did not get the files that were in the runtime apparently.

What is it about those lines that are causing the conflict?

Just because those code lines push values to the same partial head morph (PHMMouthRealismHD) and partial body morph (PBMNavel) twice...  one time is correct and enough devil

• Once again, thank you!

gepetersiii said:

Once again, thank you!

You're welcome ! blush