My odyssey of transferring DAZ to a new computer continues: now DIM doesn't load

So, DIM was working fine, able to install assets to the correct directories until yesterday, when it stopped working altogether.  I double click the desktop shortcut, I sign in, and... the app freezes.  Just grinds away.  Won't do anything.

Any ideas on this latest challenge? 

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

By "grinds away" what do you mean? When DIM starts it checks all the manifest files and installed packages so it knows what to offer up for download/installon etc. It will obviously be unresponsive while it is doing this. Depending where your files are stored (e.g. network drive) this process can take a while and will probably be making sounds appropriate to scanning hard drives.

• Phantom11Phantom11 Posts: 32

I should have said it was simply "frozen" and unresponsive.  It is working now, but takes almost a minute for that to happen, whereas yesterday it was almost immediately active.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

Hmm. Well, mine did used to do that but that was back when I stored my manifest files on a network drive. It is much quicker now, both due to moving them to the local SSD drive and also DIM updates have helped in that regard.

Nevertheless, when DIM starts it does check all your manifest files, installed packages and communicates with the Daz Server so that it can list any updates or missing products for you to download. While it is doing this there is a progress bar above the search/filter box. It doesn't move very smoothly but it does indicate that it is doing something it is supposed to be doing. So if this is the case while your copy of DIM is unresponsive then that is probably the explanation, if it remains unresponsive beyond that then perhaps something else is amiss. In that case, check both the log & helper log under the cog menu to see if there are any hints there.