Genesis 8/8.1 Female Bodies Look Awful

Hi everyone!

For awhile now I haven't been able to make any full renders. I was getting so upset with how ugly they looked. I finally realized that there is something wrong with Genesis 8/8.1 Female bodies. It doesn't matter if it's just the base bodies, or other characters that are G8/8.1 it just looks awful. I have submitted multiple tickets and am still waiting. I'm sure you all understand how frustrating it is not to be able to make anything! I have searched 'Currently Used', I have searched 'Hidden Morphs' I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Genesis 8 Starter Essentials quite a few times as well as DAZ itself. G8M, G3M&F, G2M&F as well as Michael 4 and Victoria 4 are all fine. I have attached pictures of what is happening. I used Leda head to show that the head is fine and used the bodies for G8.1F, Victoria 8, Victoria 8.1, Charlotte, and Gia. As you can see ... they look awful :(

Any help would be appreciated. I am so frustrated and upset and feeling down. 

Thank you! 

G8.1.jpg
1305 x 1990 - 321K
Charlotte.jpg
1077 x 1997 - 279K
Gia.jpg
1052 x 2022 - 282K
Victoria 8.1.jpg
1190 x 2032 - 305K
Victoria 8.jpg
1140 x 2035 - 297K

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,219
    edited July 2023

None of these are renders. Can you be more specific with what you consider is wrong with the figures? I understand they're different characters, but tbh, they look very similar and I don't see what's wrong.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Looks fine to me...

• Cris Palomino said:

None of these are renders. Can you be more specific with what you consider is wrong with the figures? I understand they're different characters, but tbh, they look very similar and I don't see what's wrong.

@Cris, yes they aren't renders, I meant I haven't been able to complete a render because the bodies just look weird and I get frustrated. The face does change when rendered, but not the bodies; they look exactly the same in the viewport and rendered. And that's my issue is that they all look so similar. I have so many different characters and the bodies barely change. Even characters who have exaggerated hips and small waists etc. For example, look at the Victoria 8.1 character render from DAZ, and look at the body of mine in the picture. They are completely different :( 

Victoria 8.1.jpg
    1140 x 2035 - 297K
    V8.1.jpg
    1600 x 2080 - 2M
  • So this is shapes? If it is affecting both 8 and 8.1:

1. Load the Genesis 8 Female DevLoad figure
    2. Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape (this should give the correct base shape - if not, stop as the rest of the steps won't help)
    3. Edit>Figure>Memorise>Memorise Figure Shape
    4. File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets (the shapes listed in the dialogue will be the issue - check to see if they have updates, if not please report them)
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,605

It looks like you have an errant morph applied. Richard is suggesting something that may fix it.

• Richard Haseltine said:

So this is shapes? If it is affecting both 8 and 8.1:

1. Load the Genesis 8 Female DevLoad figure
    2. Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape (this should give the correct base shape - if not, stop as the rest of the steps won't help)
    3. Edit>Figure>Memorise>Memorise Figure Shape
    4. File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets (the shapes listed in the dialogue will be the issue - check to see if they have updates, if not please report them)

Hi Richard, 

Thank you for replying, but it didn't work, unfortunately :( I have searched every single way possible to try to see if there is a misbehaving morph and it's not showing anything. 

• GhostofMacbeth said:

It looks like you have an errant morph applied. Richard is suggesting something that may fix it.

Hi Macbeth's Ghost, 

That's what I've been thinking as well, but so far nothing (including Richard's suggestion) has helped. Gahhh I'm so frustrated!  

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Have you tried different lighting?  If i pull up the full size images for the ones you attach I can definitely tell the difference in the body shapes.

• Daventaki said:

Have you tried different lighting?  If i pull up the full size images for the ones you attach I can definitely tell the difference in the body shapes.

Yes :( I was getting frustrated because I was trying to make a character render for a friend of mine. I tried every single light I owned as well as buying a few of the bigger ones like Boss Lights and it's still like that. Grrrr.  

• I find posing a GF8.1 is a lot of hassle, unless it is an actual 8.1 pose.

However rogue morphs do cause the figure distortion. so look in paramters for any morphs that have this <?> From what I have found this has caused a figure to load 100% when it is dialed to 0 .

Onto the rendering it might not be lights but your rendering options and enviroments?

• rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

I find posing a GF8.1 is a lot of hassle, unless it is an actual 8.1 pose.

However rogue morphs do cause the figure distortion. so look in paramters for any morphs that have this <?> From what I have found this has caused a figure to load 100% when it is dialed to 0 .

Onto the rendering it might not be lights but your rendering options and enviroments?

So I did find one thing that had the <?>, I have attached a picture of it. How am I supposed to figure out what is causing it? lol 

As for the rendering and environment options, I haven't changed anything from the default DAZ settings :( 

Screenshot 2023-07-13 204012.jpg
    925 x 1332 - 118K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

load a default G8 or 8.1, unposed (with a bikini) and render it so we can see if it looks like the default

• DarkEleganceDarkElegance Posts: 356

herroyalhighness86 said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

I find posing a GF8.1 is a lot of hassle, unless it is an actual 8.1 pose.

So I did find one thing that had the <?>, I have attached a picture of it. How am I supposed to figure out what is causing it? lol 

As for the rendering and environment options, I haven't changed anything from the default DAZ settings :( 

I know what you mean. When you load her up, she looks too smooth. No outward definition or anything that denotes...difference.

Have you up'ed the subd levels?(load the figure>parameter tab> just under the "fit to mode" you will see the "subDivision" slider. I put mine as high as it can go(but a 3 should work) that gives some clearer definition.

The lighting can wash out any detail at all. It can make it look flat and no muscle definition, nothing.
    Even if you are using a HDRI map, add a couple of point lights to help with definition, shadows etc.
    also, try tweeking her sliders. Even if I love the character face I am loading, her body gets a "dial turning". Usually her arms(they always look so skinny), I will add muscle def' to them to make the shape abit more interesting.

But I understand your frustration, mine is normally with her expressions as it looks like she has had way too much botox.

(btw, youtube has some really good videos on lighting for character renders. They can really bring life to your renders)