Sweat / wet skin

Hi,

There's several prodcuts in the store to simulate sweat/wet skin however all of them have droplets. I'm trying to achieve running lines of sweat (or blood or whatever other fluid) running down the skin. 

Any ideas please? I tried with geoshells and decals but the second I move the ligh the effect doesn't work well anymore. Specifically for g8 / g8.1 I'm desperate at this point I'll take any suggestion :(

Comments

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited July 2023

This is something I would do in Post rather than headbanging the brick wall of geoshells and lighting. Get the lighting angle wrong and, as you've found, it doesn't work well.  Do bear in mind that what looks good for sweat will not look right for blood and other liquids as they have completely different viscosities and drip behaviour. I'm guessing you're after the Mission Impossible bead of sweat dripping down the face and potentially hitting the pressure sensitive floor, rather than some body-wide effect which would look a bit odd, so the closest thing we've got is tears. Pretty much the same viscosity and trails. For blood, any of the HD wound series are really very good but these can equally be done in Photoshop or equivalent.

This might be what you're looking for - just move the effect to the appropriate part of the body:

Post edited by TimberWolf on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

https://www.daz3d.com/short-wet-hair-for-genesis-8-male-s-and-female-s

This product has the best wet skin effect for G3/8/8.1 I know of. It's a combination of both droplets and running lines, don't know if that's helpful for you. Whether you want to buy am entire hair for just the bonus geoshell is another question.

• ladywolf1ladywolf1 Posts: 123

thanks for the suggestions, I'll try both ways!