DAZ Central not recognizing assets after moving files to new computer

Hey again, all.  So, I successfully moved all my DAZ assets to a new computer and got them all on the D drive.  Everything is there, I think I've got all my paths set up properly, but after installing DAZ Central ( also on the D drive), it doesn't show anything installed.  Also, in DAZ Studio, the Smart Content tab doesn't show the installed assets in the "Products" tab. 

Any ideas?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

I don't use Daz Central but as I believe it works similarly to DIM you have probably not copied the manifest files across perhaps?

For the Smart Content that will not show up just by copying the files across - you must go into Content DB Maintenance and Re-import all the metadata. This will give you a window showing all products found under all linked base libraries and when you hit continue it will read in all the DSX files under the Runtime/Support/ folder. Depending on the number of products and your hardware this process is likely to take up quite a few minutes.

• Phantom11Phantom11 Posts: 32

Thanks for the response.  I did re-import the metadata from the old machine, and saw a quite extensive list pop up of the files, and they're all there in the Smart Content, but they're not listed when I use the "Products" tab in Smart Content.... I'll open up DIM and check my paths again for the Manifest Files.

Are you sure you have added all base libraries correctly? If you reimport all the metadata it should add everything back to both tabs - you did leave everything checked in the reimport window right? You didn't unselect everything and only check UserData? You can try right-clicking on the background of the products tab and selecting refresh to see if that helps, although I thought switched between Products/Files tabs does this automatically.

I didn't uncheck anything for the re-import... Might it have anything to do with the DAZ Connect pathway?  I was just looking at that in DAZ on the new machine, and it has a pathway to a folder on the C drive instead of the D drive.

Well, you cannot remove the Daz Connect path even if you do not want to use it but if you have ever logged into Daz Studio on the new machine then Daz Connect will likely have thrown a spanner in the works.

Ah, I have indeed logged onto DAZ Studio on the new machine.  That might be it.

Oh dear. Well, my advice - assuming you want to continue using Daz Central to manage your installs - is to do the following. Note, this is a bit of an extreme approach but Connect has caused me multiple issues in the past until I did this.

1. Log out of your account inside Daz Studio and ensure you stay logged out.
    2. Find the base path of Daz Connect and search for product references - I cannot remember the exact path but somewhere under the cloud folder is a folder of products and another with json files (these are metadata files relating to Connect)
    3. Within Daz Studio right click and uninstall any products that have a reference within the product folder of Daz Connect (this should delete the related product folder).
    4. When that folder is empty, delete it
    5. Then delete the folder containing the json files
    6. Use the Content DB Maintenance to reset your database (skip the backup first since you do not want to save the broken config).
    7. Use Content DB Maintenance to reimport metadata again (e.g. pull from the /Runtime/Support/*.dsx files)

Hopefully, that should give you back the same Smart Content from the last time you backed up on the old machine.

Sounds like a plan; I already found those json files when I was looking through the possible incorrect paths.  Thanks.