Lighting help

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows of a tutorial or has suggestions on how to achieve photorealistic lights, similar to blender and unreal engine 5.

I find DAZ lighting especially when combining dome/scene and the actual scene instad of using only HDRI (which cannot be used for internal scenes it simply doesn't work as good if at all??) to be not enough contrasted, sometimes washed out, or too strong or not harmornoius, often tending towards too yellow/dark.... I find it a bit difficult to explain but if you are familiar with blender that gives you an idea what I'm talking about.

I somehow manage to get away with it by using tonemapping but that results in a lot of back/forth... Any suggestion? 

When I'm only using HDRI or sky-only I get exactly what I want, however these don't work with internal scenes or barely :(

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

The way I usually light interiors:

- Find an indoor HDRI that vaguely matches the mood/interior you're working with. It should be low contrast. It can be low-res.

- Set up your scene and camera

- Cut away everything that's out of frame using Section Nodes

- Add additional pointlights and spotlights to highlight what's important in your scene

Good luck!

• ladywolf1ladywolf1 Posts: 123

thanks!!

• NMENME Posts: 3

If you can, check out Dreamlight. He has some really bried tutorials on Youtube but has extensive and very well explained tutorials he sells in the store. I learned A LOT about lighting from watching/reading his stuff. It's very good.