Need Help! Genesis 8/8.1 skin distorts after posing...

I have this weird bug whenever I use a pose or I pose a character manually. The character's skin distorts like crazy...!

I tried it with Genesis 9 figure, and there are no issues like this. I've never had this issue before either so I'm kind of thinking that maybe it's one of the products I recently bought that's causing this bug... Any fix for this, please? :/

Bug_Skin.jpg
1113 x 799 - 159K

Comments

• Is this happening with all G8 figure morphs you dial in or just a specific one?

If it happens for all, then it looks like some figure you bought recently was not rigged correctly, and its helper jcm morphs (looks like HD ones based on the warping) are triggering when you move the arms and legs around, even though the figure morph itself is not dialed in.

The only way to solve this would be to start with a blank g8m and then move a single arm up. Make sure under parameters you have show hidden properties selected. Then select "Currently used" and then look to see what morphs are triggering and what figure name is in that morphs name.

I can show you a real example of this.

Redz Studio did not rig up some of the Davit charaters jcm's correctly. Even though I don't have Davit dialed in, the following morph is triggered:

pJCMDavitAbdomen3Fwd

I know it's for "Davit" because the name is after the "pJCM" part of the name.

Why is it dialed in even though I don't have Davit's character dialed in? Because he or she didn't rig the morph to trigger when the Davit character is dialed in, they based it on two standard G8M jcm's being dialed in from bending the torso. 

You have the same thing going, but just a more extreme example.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,176
    edited July 2023

It seems a custom figure... first do once Adjust Rigging to Shape, then check pJCMs in hidden properties, esp. reset (or slide the dials) those related to collars, chest... e.g. pJCMCollar..., pJCMChest..., see if there's any change.

Post edited by crosswind on