How to use morphs I purchased

I purchased a bundle of morphs, but how do I apply them?

Can anyone point me to a tutorial or a set of simple steps to take this product and use it.

I would be grateful for any help. The bundle has no documents about how to use

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765

If you load a figure that the morph bundle is for and select that figure in the scene tab after it loads then the individual morphs will exist as sliders within the Shaping tab (or the Actor section of the Parameters tab).

• How did you install? With morphs the file placement is critical.

• Thank you for your help, SofaCitizen. These morphs are not appearing in the Shaping-morphs section. I used Morph Loader Pro to load some standard Genesis 8 morphs in there and they work. So, I seem to be in the right place.

And thank you, Richard Haseltine.  "How did you install the morphs?" is the problem.  I don't seem to be able to install them at all. In the Order list in the store, when I click download it goes to a page for the product, but there is never any download link, no zip file or download and install link.

I got a freebie in the same order, and it has a download link which works and a  Download_And_Install which reports that the account referenced is not set up in Install Manager.

The morph package, however, doesn't do anything.

And Daz doesn't respond to "Submit a Request" questions anymore.

• What are .sep and .sea files. I can get those.

katherine said:

What are .sep and .sea files. I can get those.

These are being offered on a Daz Store page? .sea is an archive by the StuffIt Application which I don't think was every really used outside OSX from what I remember.

katherine said:

Thank you for your help, SofaCitizen. These morphs are not appearing in the Shaping-morphs section. I used Morph Loader Pro to load some standard Genesis 8 morphs in there and they work. So, I seem to be in the right place.

And thank you, Richard Haseltine.  "How did you install the morphs?" is the problem.  I don't seem to be able to install them at all. In the Order list in the store, when I click download it goes to a page for the product, but there is never any download link, no zip file or download and install link.

I got a freebie in the same order, and it has a download link which works and a  Download_And_Install which reports that the account referenced is not set up in Install Manager.

You shouldn't have to use Morph Loader Pro to activate morphs that you have installed correctly.

If you have bought products you don't need to click on anything, just fire up DIM and it will look for any purchased products that are not installed and offer them up in the first tab.

Currently, my experience is that they are responding to support tickets but a bit slower than they were a few months ago. In addition, I am seeing updated packages in DIM so perhaps there is more of a back-log than usual?

• Thank you so much for your help with all this.

I finally managed to download zip files of the morphs, but Install Manager is having an issue of not finding the account. 

So, the question now is : where do I install them manually?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Instructions for manual installation;

• SofaCitizen said:

katherine said:

These are being offered on a Daz Store page? .sea is an archive by the StuffIt Application which I don't think was every really used outside OSX from what I remember.

Those are the Product and Authorisation files for installing through Connect while off-line.

• katherine said:

Thank you for your help, SofaCitizen. These morphs are not appearing in the Shaping-morphs section. I used Morph Loader Pro to load some standard Genesis 8 morphs in there and they work. So, I seem to be in the right place.

Which morph package?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited July 2023

katherine said:

Those are files used for offline install using Daz Connect (install directly from inside DS but from a PC which can't log in to Daz store directly, for example one not connected to internet).
    One is the product install file and the other is a "key" file needed to authorize install of that file on your PC and decode it.

Which product did you buy? The regular install files should also be available from your product library or via DIM or DazCentral.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Thanks, PerttiA, Leana, and SofiaCitizen and Richard Haseltine.

The products I bought were the 200 Head and Face Morphs and the Aging Morphs. On the  Order page, they do NOT say Install Manager Ready and the install manager did not work for them. And, at first, I had trouble with the Download Zip, but on another try it worked. The download issue is why I was looking at the Daz Connect files.

PerttiA's discussion of getting the right content directory was very helpful. That was the crux of the issue of getting the morphs to show up in Daz. I had more than one content directory. I see that this can be a confusing problem with Daz. Where is the stuff you want - which directory? There can also be issues installing plugins because Daz, the program,  may be installed in different places. and there can be content problems from using different content directories. I think this comes from following installation directions or tutorials that use different directories.

Thank you all for your help and guidance.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited July 2023

Which aging morphs? Some had bundled male/female products too and those linked to the product pages for the sub-products with the downloads, e.g. https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_49005 if you have that set. 200 Plus morphs are the same - there is a bundle of male/female which links back to the sub-products.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on