Daz stops loading, no error message.

anything going on ?

I try to start my Daz software and it stops at Power pose tools loaded and ...stops. No error messages nothing.

I have been working with 4.15 and i thought maybe i should upload 4.21.

Both stop loading the same place.

Mmmmmmmm.

I ran ther troubleshooter and screenshots in the comments. It seems it might have a compatibility issue with Windows 8 ?

2023-07-04_20h14_49.png
589 x 478 - 41K
2023-07-04_20h15_10.png
581 x 435 - 20K
Post edited by montrealfilmguy on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180

Pls try this first: open your File Browser , go to: %AppData%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\

There's a file name 'dazstudio.dau', delete it and start Daz Studio again, see if it works or not...

• montrealfilmguymontrealfilmguy Posts: 127
    edited July 2023

Thank you but when i check my appdata, it is completely empty.  Jay at WP guru says something about deleting Daz install manager and then re-installing it. Would that be the second option i could try ?

crosswind said:

Pls try this first: open your File Browser , go to: %AppData%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\

There's a file name 'dazstudio.dau', delete it and start Daz Studio again, see if it works or not...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Oh, my bad, I just realized that config might be different in Windows 8. Surely you can try Jay's suggested way... completely uninstall and reinstall DS

edited July 2023

I have windows 10. that windows 8 compatibily might be the glitch

And Jay talks about the DIM not the software itself. I did uninstall and reinstall bith versions 4.15 and 4.21. Did not work.

crosswind said:

Oh, my bad, I just realized that config might be different in Windows 8. Surely you can try Jay's suggested way... completely uninstall and reinstall DS

• %appdata% is a long-standing environment variable that gives the path to the user's application data folder. Is it actually going to the correct folder? You are pasting it into a file browser, rather than a web browser (File explorer, pinned to the task Bar by default)?

edited July 2023

Richard, im quite happy you showed up but i have no clue what you're saying. LOL Ive always started Daz with the shortcut on my desktop. As its loading all the necessary thingamabobs, it blocks at Oiwerpose tools and then the loading screen disappears.

I have tried a bunch of times on the Daz 4.21 and Daz 4.15.  they both just vanish.

Help me Obi-wan Haseltine, you're my only hope. LOL

Richard Haseltine said:

%appdata% is a long-standing environment variable that gives the path to the user's application data folder. Is it actually going to the correct folder? You are pasting it into a file browser, rather than a web browser (File explorer, pinned to the task Bar by default)?

• Did you open the File explorer (the folder icon pinned to the Task Bar, if you haven't removed it - type explorer into the Start menu if you can't see it, it will probably be the only entry under Apps), and paste

%AppData%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\

into its address bar. I think it should hav some files, even if DS never started on the machine.

edited July 2023

some stuff did pop up when i pasted it into the search field and i found that dazstudio.dau file i was recommended to delete so i did.

I restarted my pc but still nothing. Same old vanishing act of the loading screen. 

now im thinking i might just not have a powerful enough ..something. Videocard maybe  ? i only have a 3050TI.

I'll wait for more answers i guess.

Richard Haseltine said:

Did you open the File explorer (the folder icon pinned to the Task Bar, if you haven't removed it - type explorer into the Start menu if you can't see it, it will probably be the only entry under Apps), and paste

into its address bar. I think it should hav some files, even if DS never started on the machine.

There should be no problem with your graphics card...some folks can launch Ds even with GTX960...

Let's just help you to try all necessary means... Now, you may go to : C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins, move the file 'dzpowerpose.dll' to somewhere else, then launch Ds, see what happens...

edited July 2023

Ah AH ! Eureka !  I think we found the culprit.

There is no Dzpowerpose in the .dll list. I think i need one there to fully launch Daz.

the weird thing is just before the load screen dissapears it does say Powerpose tool..loaded.

Thank you for your help in solving my mystery. :-) It is greatly appreciated.

crosswind said:

There should be no problem with your graphics card...some folks can launch Ds even with GTX960...

Let's just help you to try all necessary means... Now, you may go to : C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins, move the file 'dzpowerpose.dll' to somewhere else, then launch Ds, see what happens...

I confess that I've been experiencing quite a few 'weird things' these days...surprise this Dzpowerpose.dll plugin comes along with DS installation package... how could it disappear from your plugins folder...

You search Dzpowerpose.dll there, check this folder - C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\ or this folder - C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\PowerPose

edited July 2023

I know. Daz 4.15 has been working perfectly until recently then glitch. so this is why i thought maybe if i upgrade to 4.21 things will be right again. Nope. Do big question.. should i completely get rid of every Daz installation and start anew withought losing all my Daz files and dufs and all my work ?  This way im sure there would be a Powerpose dll file with the new one.

wait i just checked fully in the Power pose folder and the dll file was there all lonely. Hopefully by copying it in the dll section all will return to normal. Ive got nothing to lose anyways.

crosswind said:

I confess that I've been experiencing quite a few 'weird things' these days...surprise this Dzpowerpose.dll plugin comes along with DS installation package... how could it disappear from your plugins folder...

You search Dzpowerpose.dll there, check this folder - C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\ or this folder - C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\PowerPose

• apparently not. Didnt work either to paste the Powerpose dll in the dll list.

edited July 2023

Actually you don't need to paste it to 'upper plugins folder'. As above mentioned, I firstly suggested you 'move out' Dzpowerpose.dll file from that folder, which means DO NOT let DS load PowerPose plugin, see if you can successfully have Ds opened !

If you can have Ds opened then, the only reason might be: When you upgraded 4.15 to 4.21, 4.15 instance was not fully closed, so the plugins 'dll' files were ocuppied by the application and could not be updated... 

PS: You may right mouse button click on Dzpowerpose.dll file, from the menu - Properties, check its version and updated date, it should be: 2.14.0.5 / Oct 12, 2022

Post edited by crosswind on
  • montrealfilmguy said:

some stuff did pop up when i pasted it into the search field and i found that dazstudio.dau file i was recommended to delete so i did.

I restarted my pc but still nothing. Same old vanishing act of the loading screen. 

now im thinking i might just not have a powerful enough ..something. Videocard maybe  ? i only have a 3050TI.

Richard Haseltine said:

Did you open the File explorer (the folder icon pinned to the Task Bar, if you haven't removed it - type explorer into the Start menu if you can't see it, it will probably be the only entry under Apps), and paste

It doesn't sound as if you are pasting into the address box. You want something like this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyutv5y0scx3yc2/AppData1.jpg?dl=0

which should yield

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1ddtoi4sdd8mqn/AppData2.jpg?dl=0

from where you can open the log file by double-click.

edited July 2023

Ok look all i wanna know is can i delete every Daz application off my disc and get a fresh new one from the site ? without losing all my work of course. That would seem the best plan of all instead of these tries and runarounds that so far do nothing to fix it. 

At least if i got some kind of error window that said error number xxx, that would help me. But nothing nada niet.

Richard Haseltine said:

montrealfilmguy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

It doesn't sound as if you are pasting into the address box. You want something like this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyutv5y0scx3yc2/AppData1.jpg?dl=0

which should yield

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1ddtoi4sdd8mqn/AppData2.jpg?dl=0

from where you can open the log file by double-click.

• The log may help to figure out why Daz Studio is not starting. Uninstalling is unlikely to help, it's more likely settings, data, or interaction with something else on your system that is causing the issue..

edited July 2023

Ok i finally got it. Logfile.txt. What am i looking for exactly ?

Richard Haseltine said:

The log may help to figure out why Daz Studio is not starting. Uninstalling is unlikely to help, it's more likely settings, data, or interaction with something else on your system that is causing the issue..

• How does it end, last few lines (which will be the last things written to the log, not necessarily the actual cause of the problem)? Ideally upload the whole file (to Onedrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox - whatever you have access to) and post a link here.