Daz Central not recognizing installed assets

RafaelRafael Posts: 133

I searched the topic on the forum. But I still can't solve my problem.

I have not reinstalled anything, nor moved the content at all. I started Daz Central to install new items recently bought and now all my items have the green button "Install" but most of them are already installed.

I have all the assets installed in
C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library
Searching one Manifest file, for example, Victoria9 has the exact same path.

I tried to update the path on the settings but still does not update. And Probably I broke it, because now I can not see the content inside Daz Smart Content.

I have a screen capture of Daz Central Settings.

Any advice?

DazCentral-01.png
677 x 641 - 175K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• RafaelRafael Posts: 133

I uninstalled it, downloaded the latest version, and installed it again.

It immediately recognizes the login information. This means that is reading some file with the path and info somewhere. And that means that I need to manually delete that file.

Where can it be?

• Moved to technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio application question.

What do you mean by saying the the manifests have the same path? They should be in a different folder from other files, though other parts of the path may be shared.

edited July 2023

Here I posted a screen capture of:

1. Me trying to select the directory of the assets on Daz Central.

2. One manifest sample on a text editor. I am mentioning this as an example of what the installed files understood previously.

On Daz Central, I have tried to select different levels of the path. From only C:/Daz 3D to C:/Daz/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library but it only allows me the basic path C:/Daz 3D

Post edited by Rafael on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299
    edited July 2023

Those look OK.

Daz central does just allow setting a base path - that is one of its featrues, to avoid having the multiple settings in Install Manager. Have you been able to find the manifest fiels for the products thata re installed but not showing? Where are they if so?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited July 2023

If I put simply the base directory c:\Daz 3D the assets land in the proper folder.

4. The new product installed is "Lyam hair". I can see the other products of the vendor previously installed in the same folder.

5. I can open the file either using the "Open" button on the central or on the Smart content tab inside Daz. But is the only product listed. None of the other hair of the same vendor, (or anything else).

I am assuming a specific list is the one corrupted. I suppose I can open this original folder as an "additional location". (Or reinstall everything I do not have that many assets, including Daz studio) But if it can be fixed, the better.

(P.D. I am very careful about antivirus or downloading anything in general. I did not install any additional thing on Daz like a render engine or anything.)

Post edited by Rafael on
  • Daz Central does not look to see if the product files are there, it looks solely at the manifests to see what it installed and where.

edited July 2023

Yeap. The point is where is this Manifest?

I suppose I will "re-install" everything... although it is all there. (Facepalm) (Sorry Daz server. I tried to avoid this)

The point is that this manifest file or list could be backup in case this happens again. So where is it so I can make a backup, or even edit it and restore te paths?

Post edited by Rafael on
  • Your screenshot above showed the path, the path is also (I think) listed in the Daz Central settings and can certainly be seen in the Install manager advacned settings (in the Installation tab).