Daz Install Manager can't remember what it's installing, and that's annoying.

Hi, I recently discovered about Daz 3D, and to put it shortly - it is one of the best things that I wanted, and I'm happy for having it. Now, about the issue - Install Manager (it'll refer to it as DIM from now) cannot keep in it's memory what it did installed. I install nost of the things it lists, but the lists keep changing, and include what was already installed. Despite that, I can actually use things that I installed, like Daz 3D itself and some of its addons, including 3-rd party stuff, with only potential exception being some starter essential things missing for Genesis 9, where the only thing I know I miss for it is body skins, but I have model itself. The only thing I know that can be potential cause of this is, in my understanding, - by something different in my placement of my library/libraries. I don't know if that can be related, but I want let to know just in case - I installed Daz Central, and deleted it. I was in one of Daz Discords servers where I was originally getting some help, but suddenly all of it's chats got locked for reason(s) I don't know, so I decided to go here. I'll appreciate anyone who would try to give help, and I'll be answering questions and do requests that would can better understand the cause of the issue.

Comments

• DIM and Daz Central track their instalaltion via manifest files, .dsx files that go in a directory set in Advanced settings>Installation. Click the gear icon at top-right of the main DIM window and make sure that the folder you are using is not also the downloads folder (that generates different .dsx files, which would overwrite the ones tracking installation), that it isn't on an external drive with inconstant drive letter assignment or availability, and that it isn't being cleared periodically by you or some utility app.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

this started happening to me before my C drive failed

just saying ...

• Yes, drive issues could certainly corrupt the manifests - though I would expect that to have other symptoms too.