CGI Pupil Utilities for Genesis 9 I can't make it work

CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143

As per title, I've done as the Help tile [for CGI Pupil Utilities for Genesis 9] says and selected the Eyes. When I click on the morph I want, it does nothing and I cannot find any sliders for them in the Shaping nor Parameters Tabs. What am I missing?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• That seems to be a product error - the morphs are in \data\daz 3d\genesis 9\genesis 9 eyes\shapes instead of \data\daz 3d\genesis 9\genesis 9 eyes\morphs, as far as I know that will not work. If you isntalled manually of through Daz Central/DIM you could, on Windows, try renaming the Shapes folder to Morphs (assuming it has only that product's morphs) or just drag the /color galeria/ folder across to the morphs folder but I will flag this up.

• CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143
    edited July 2023

Thank you Richard. I'll try that. I also want to note that the items in the folder are marked as Poses

Post edited by Cyrinadia on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,245

This information came in handy today :-) Thanks all.

• This should be updated now.

Just checked and yes! Confirming update rec'd just today.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited July 2023

I just downloaded CGI Pupils, it doesn't work. Error Interactive Lessons can't be found.

log

2023-07-05 16:32:32.029 [INFO] :: Received URL to open: file:///C:/Users/insur/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-07-05 16:32:32.029 [INFO] :: Loading script: C:/Users/insur/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-07-05 16:32:32.040 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: C:/Users/insur/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-07-05 16:32:32.052 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(3780): Empty relativePath passed to DzContentMgr::getAbsolutePath()

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

So far I still have the old one with my manual fix on the folder name installed.

The utilities/poses/whatever are found on the Parameters Tab under Head > Eyes IIRC -- with the "eyes" selected in the Scene Tab. [that's the Eyes, not G9]

edited July 2023

I looked under the folder it should be in. It's not there.

People/Genesis 9/Shapes/Color Galeria/CGI Pupil Utilities/CGI Pupil Utilities - !Reset All.duf"

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299
    edited July 2023

AgitatedRiot said:

I just downloaded CGI Pupils, it doesn't work. Error Interactive Lessons can't be found.

log

2023-07-05 16:32:32.029 [INFO] :: Received URL to open: file:///C:/Users/insur/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-07-05 16:32:32.029 [INFO] :: Loading script: C:/Users/insur/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-07-05 16:32:32.040 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: C:/Users/insur/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/LaunchStudioProduct.dsa
    2023-07-05 16:32:32.052 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(3780): Empty relativePath passed to DzContentMgr::getAbsolutePath()

What were you doing - using the Launch button in DIM?

The reported error was the moprhs being in the wrong place in the data folder, and so not loading at all, which is fixed. I do see the folder with the user-facing files in the fresh download I jusr made, however.

edited July 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

AgitatedRiot said:

log

What were you doing - using the Launch button in DIM?

The reported error was the moprhs being in the wrong place in the data folder, and so not loading at all, which is fixed. I do see the folder with the user-facing files in the fresh download I jusr made, however.

Installed through DIM this morning, they did show up. I did a manual install they did not show up.

I just did it again.

Folder:

Still not there. The names are from when I just installed it.

Edit: I did that; then Catherine3678ab said it's in the shapes Tab. I could not find them there. So I looked in the folder

I've recenty had one download which was incomplete. Busy servers? Anyhow, in the manually downloaded zip, the folder does exist.

Hoping image attaches.Nope. okay ... well there really is a folder:

People > Genesis 9 > Shapes > Color Galeria

• Are you sure that is the right content directory?

edited July 2023

Heck it's been so loooong

edited July 2023

Dang

I haven't used youtube much. As you can tell.

Next round, I'll try to remember to make some pics as to where to find things inside D/S.

In the meantime, "if it were my computer" I would use whatever method used to install, to uninstall the product. In your Product Library in your Account, download the zip folder. From your desktop or wherever you like to unzip folders, unzip it. Open the folder and see if everything is in there. If yes, then copy all like folders to the same folders as is found in your Daz Studio content collection. i.e. data to data; people to people, runtime to runtime. Then open D/S and use the Content Tab to go to the People > Genesis 9 > Shaping folder.

IF everything was not in the zip folder, then make screenshots and send in a ticket to CS.

I'm typing this through a cloudflare error page, have no idea if there be typos etc., or even if this will post.

• CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143

Hmm, I've tried uninstalling through Daz Central, then reinstalling. The files are not in the Shapes tab in any form, nor in the Parameters/Shaping tabs for the G9 Eyes. I uninstalled and tried through DIM, same thing.

I'm trying a redownload via Daz Central again now, after deleting the base files.

• Did not work. No files shown. Same as issue as above.

Searching the Content Library in Daz Studio now.

• No items found via search using CGI as search parameter.

I will now manually install the files after uninstalling them via Daz Central, I opened the .zip file, selected the data, People, Runtime folders and dropped them into my install directory.

• It worked, file are in Shapes>Color Galeria. Now to test use

Selected the Eyes figure of G9, double clicked a 'Pose', and it worked! Hope my steps help others.

edited July 2023

That worked

Edit they show in the folder but cannot apply. They do not show up in the parameters.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180
    edited July 2023

Checking...

Post edited by crosswind on
    edited July 2023

Checked... fainted... errors again and again these days... The IM package is very wrong, the needed files could not be installed to your library, the product could not be seen in Smart Content... If you don't wanna wait for the 'fix' ~~~

1) As usual, uninstall it with DIM! and download the 'updated package' dated July 5th. (still wrong)... Drag out Manifest.dsx from IM00090536-01_CGIPupilUtilitiesforGenesis9.zip (in your Package Archive folder after downloading with DIM)

2 ) Open  Manifest.dsx with an Editor (EmEditor, Notepad++, etc.), replace "data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Genesis 9 Eyes/Shapes" with "data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Genesis 9 Eyes/Morphs" , then replace "People/Genesis 9/Shapes/CGI Pupil Utilities" with "People/Genesis 9/Shapes/Color Galeria/CGI Pupil Utilities". Save! Then drag Manifest.dsx back to IM00090536-01_CGIPupilUtilitiesforGenesis9.zip, and move the IM file to your Package Archive folder, overwrite. 

3) Install with DIM...

Post edited by crosswind on
    edited July 2023

Yea, I am not going to fix it myself anymore. I am getting a refund. I'm very tired of trying to fix everything myself. Someone needs to get them working. If they don't, I am asking for refunds. I will no longer keep buying things that don't work out of the packages. If I accidentally get one that has problems, it will return. I will no longer fix things myself.

Edit: I will maybe pay for the product when the fix and it works.

Agreed ~~ I find myself too kind to Daz3D store... Refund !! wink

crosswind said:

Agreed ~~ I find myself too kind to Daz3D store... Refund !! wink

I have been doing this for a while now.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299
    edited July 2023

I installed with Connect and it is working correctly. But yes, DIM fails - reporting.