Interactive Render Mode

Is there any way of activating the Interactive Render mode? The only option I see in the Render settings is Photoreal. 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

Activation of Interactive in Render Settings and Draw Settings as below:

• CaetlynCaetlyn Posts: 80

As I said, the only option I get in the Render Mode setting is Photoreal. My Draw Settings tab doesn't even have a Draw Mode ...

Oh, I've never seen such an issue before... weird. Your DS version? and what is your graphics card?

As for Draw Settings, you press Ctrl + 0 to preview, you'll see Draw Mode property....

I'm using Daz 4.21. It may be that my computer is too old (Macbook Pro 2012) with Intel HD Graphics 4000. 

Oh,  I don't use Mac computer but that might be the reason.. And there's no independent Nvidia GPU, so you have to render with CPU...

edited December 2023

Sorry to do this but I'm going to have to bump this thread up. About a month ago, I bought a new iMac and installed DS 4.22 in hope that the interactive mode will show in the Render Mode setting but there is still no change. Oddly enough, if I go to the Advanced Tab, there is the option is there.

I would really like to use the Interactive mode for my renders but not having the option to select it makes thnigs rather impossible. Please help.

interactive.png
    478 x 254 - 10K
    Post edited by Caetlyn on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,841

I can't even recall that I've seen interactive mode on macOS in a very long time. Maybe when I had an nVidia GPU mac on my MacPro with macOS 10.13.6. I guess that died off with the nVidia GPU support from macOS 10.14, but I can be wrong. 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,760

Probably not what you want to hear but I just checked on my Mac and Photoreal is the one and only option in both places.

edited December 2023

Thanks, guys. Looks like I'll have to use the Viewport engine for my renders instead (quicker renders for my animations).

Post edited by Caetlyn on