Weird G8F Face Material Bug?

Starting just today (why today, I do not know, I did not install or change anything), all my G8F characters (not the males) seem to have an issue where around their eyes there is a discoloration.  Does not matter the model or skin, in fact, in thisrender I just opened a new G8F base and, as you can see it has this discoloration around it.  It's so weird.  It follows the face almost like makeup or something.  There is no geoshell, no skin applied, this is just a plain, jane G8F base opened.  Any hairstyle that I add also will have a visilble line on the scalp that you can see on the one with hair.  Been using Daz for years now, I have done thousands of renders, I think more than 10k!  I have never seen this, and I do not understand what is causing it.  The rest of the body seems fine.  If you notice, it's just the face material- you can even see how under her chin, the discoloration follows the "face" material.  I am at a loss, but I have been working on this since 2pm (it's now 7:30pm here in Utah) and I STILL cannot fix it. lol

To reiterate, though I applied a head morph, that is just the base G8F model with her regular skin.  And no matter what model I use, or if I even open a previous scene I saved with a differfent G8F in it, their faces are all like this now around the eyes and hairline.

test face.png
1284 x 800 - 1M
Post edited by anaximanes_2000 on

Comments

• Actually, weirdly, I noticed when I select her, the face dicoloration cut off, does NOT follow the facial selection, but seems to come down onto the G8F torso material just a tad too.

test face2.png
    507 x 539 - 220K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180

10K final renders?... what did you make? cheeky   But it's also the first time for me to see such an issue... I ever saw a similar issue rendered with two Nvidia cards with Memory Pooling - on, but really not exactly the same.

I think you may attach your duf file down below. That'll be a quick way to check...

• I make adult horror erotic novels, the last one alone had over 6,000 renders.  Another adult game I am making with alien sex is at 4,000, and the new novel is in the thousands, so definitely 10k renders by now (I wish Daz model creators would make a lot more sexy monster girls).  Anyway, you think it is the base G8F duf,eh?  I guess I can try reinstalling the G8F base then.  The reson I used that morph above was to show the issue more promently, this is the base by itself- but if you look around the eyes and under the neck, you'll still see the issue.

test face3.png
    905 x 800 - 900K
  • No luck, even reinstalling G8F did not change it.

• Well, 12 hours later still cannot fix this.  I am going to bed.  I have never seen anything like it.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

Just a silly thought - is that the hair cap and eyelashes causng that issue? If you hide/remove those does the problem also go away?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180
    edited June 2023

I suggested you attach the scene file (duf file)... that'll be very straight-forward and efficient, better than we're guessing in here...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • SimonJM said:

Just a silly thought - is that the hair cap and eyelashes causng that issue? If you hide/remove those does the problem also go away?

Yes!  If I delete the G8F eyelashes off all my G8F's it fixes the issue!  Now what do I do for eyelashes? lol