Animation Rendering Incorrect File Numbers

Example, I have a DAZ scene file that has 2601 frames, from 0 to 2600.

Today I command DAZ Studio to render 2300 to 2600, it renders 2300 to 2599 and stops there,

I then look closely and all the files are misnumbered, 2599 is actually 2600 (which I suppose is why it stopped apparently prematurely) and all the files before it are similarly misnumbered, 2499 is actually 2500, 2300 is actually 2301, etc. 

I needed to use a filename renaming utility and then individually render the actual frame 2300 to fix all this mess.

What is going on? Why does it do this? How can I stop this?

Comments

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited June 2023

If I've understood you correctly, are you taking into account that the first frame in an animation series is frame zero? The second frame will be numbered 1, the third frame 2 and so on.

If I want the second and third frames of an animation that runs from 0 to 30 inclusive, I have to tell Studio I want frames 1 and 2.

In your case, you would select frames 2299 to 2599 which would correspond to the 2300th and 2600th frame in the series respectively. Programming languages and most things computery tend to start counting from zero instead of one - you want the first element in an array of variables? Element zero. I think it might be more intuitive to start with frame one but a fair few animations use frame zero as an initialisation frame before the main animation starts.

Post edited by TimberWolf on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180
    edited June 2023

Your Daz version? Better post a screenshot of the render settings - from Render Type... If you entered 2300 - 2600 into Render Range, the numbering of image series should not be wrong...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 439

smh, I don't know if there something weird and wrong baked into some of these years old scene files but when I create a completely fresh scene file to attempt to replicate the issue, DAZ Studio does exactly what it's supposed to. 

I'm using the latest public release not the beta.