DIM uninstall not freeing up space

JasonWNalleyJasonWNalley Posts: 122

So, I recently decided to get rid of my Genesis 3 (M7, V7, Gia 7, etc) content to free up some space on that drive.  I used DIM to uninstall the packages, and the free space on the drive didn't budge (I have the archives stored on a network drive, but the content is stored on my storage/DAZ content dedicated drive) if I browse through the folder structure, all of the characters are still there, their textures and geometries.  Why?  Isn't an uninstall supposed to remove the folder structure and all files?  If not, what is it doing when the bar moves from 0%-100%?  Now that the packages are uninstalled and I've deleted the packages, what can I do to remove the content other than a complete wipe of the drive and reinstall all of the packages?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299
    edited June 2023

Moved to Technical help as it is not a Daz Studio question.

If the files were already there when you installed (e.g. from moving the content directory from another drive or machine) then DIM will have assumed they belonged to a manually installed product and will not remove them in order not to break that. The files are listed in the InstallManagerFileRegister.json file in the root of the content diectory - if you reinstall the content, then temporarily remove the .json file and uninstall they should go for real (just be aware of the risk of removing a shared file in the process, such as a base shader).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on