Any good rain splash effect ?

Hi, so I'm doing a scene similar to this one and I wanted a really good water splash effect to go along with the rain. I'm using Iray Rain but the splash effect which comes with it is barely noticeable. Hope any one of you could suggest me a good one. Thanks

Comments

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285

I'm going to suggest you might want to do this in post, rather than in Daz Studio. For the cutscenes in our games which use rain, we use a video overlay for both the rain and the ground effects and pull it all together in After Effects but it's a lot simpler for just a still. There are loads and loads of overlays for rain and ground puddles/splashes/ripples, some free, some paid and the commercial ones tend to be better.

Rain introduces a lot of noise for renders and manually placing a ground full of ripples and splashes will be tedious and memory consuming.

Two really good tutorials here for you, and a Google search will find overlays that suit what you want if the tutorials don't.

• MelonLordMelonLord Posts: 45
    edited June 2023

TimberWolf said:

I'm going to suggest you might want to do this in post, rather than in Daz Studio. For the cutscenes in our games which use rain, we use a video overlay for both the rain and the ground effects and pull it all together in After Effects but it's a lot simpler for just a still. There are loads and loads of overlays for rain and ground puddles/splashes/ripples, some free, some paid and the commercial ones tend to be better.

Rain introduces a lot of noise for renders and manually placing a ground full of ripples and splashes will be tedious and memory consuming.

Two really good tutorials here for you, and a Google search will find overlays that suit what you want if the tutorials don't.

Thank you for the advice. I was taking to someone and they all also recommended me to do that in post production. I've used various daz rain products but they really dont fit well with the render I'm doing.

Post edited by MelonLord on
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Here's a rain scene I did with 100% free assets. Details here.

Also available in my gallery