Rendering doesn't work anymore... Simple V9 image with no other props

mcpughmcpugh Posts: 98

Okay, so before anyone asks:

Windows 10, i7-7700, 32gb Ram, GTX 1070 (rolled back driver to see if that would fix issue).  Yes, I rebooted.  Driver WAS at latest but another post said the latest is the problem (but it's obviously not).

When trying to render with Iray, I get a blank screen.   Task Manager says less than half of my GPU's 8gb memory was in use.  Cuda spiked briefly.  Again, this is a simple V9 image with no other props or surroundings in the image.  Iray preview works sometimes, but most of the time everything is white out.

I know I'm not the only one having this issue. I have hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars spent on content, and If I (we) can't render, should we even attempt to get a refund on all our content?

Post edited by mcpugh on

Comments

• Yiou can render, slowly, with the CPU. But exactly which driver versions are you using, and which version of DS  (Help>About Daz Studio)? Can your GPU render a simple sphere promitive (Create>New Primitive)?

• mcpughmcpugh Posts: 98

I tried that yesterday with a cone primative.  Same results with Iray BUT, I didn't try CPU rendering the cone.   I'll be back....

edited June 2023

Yes, I can render the sphere in iRay using either GPU or CPU (althoug CPU rendering hoses up my machine when trying to render a human being).

I also noticed a ton of "warnings" in the log file with the word "Vinme" in the line.  Never noticed that before.

To answer your other questions:
    DS version: 4.21.0.5
    Nvidia driver: 531.61

Post edited by mcpugh on
  • The Vinme warnings are probably related to a morph set by that PA, not to rendering.

That driver version should be OK, it's older than the one that is causing issues. Please post the log (attachments seem to be pretty consistently broken, so you will need to use an external host like OneDrive, Google dtive, DropBox etc.)

The problem seems resolved..... for now.

Earlier I did notice some flickering in the Iray preview.... from white out to rendered back to white out.  Continual flickering.  I'm starting to think my GPU is going bad.