4.0/4.5

edited August 2012 in New Users

Should I upgrade to 4.5? What will it screw up. Heard somethings not working right. Why can't the Daz program update itself? Why do we need to put yet another version of Daz on our pcs?

Post edited by nightwing003_12639ea6d7 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I updated to 4.5.0.114, and it works fine for me.

Have a look at this thread and decide if you want to upgrade : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5343/

• edited August 2012

It says it will unnstal 4. Does that mean I have to reload My Library and Content folders? Will it do that automaticly? Will everything still work? Getting tired of updating this program everytime I turn around. Why can't this program update itself like every other program out there?

Post edited by nightwing003_12639ea6d7 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There have been a lot of changes, but the My Library or other content folders are not changed. There is a new version of the Genesis files which needs to be installed called Genesis Essentials which comes with the download, but otherwise content is left alone.

There is a new version of the SDK used in this release, so you may need to re-download some of your plugins, Like Reality and Infinito if you have them. I believe all of the pw shaders were updated as well, there is a thread on that here too. The version of the 3Delight render engine used in 4.5 has also been upadated.

There is no rush to update if you don't want to.