Thigh problem in UE5.2

So ever since updating to UE5.2 I've noticed any Genesis 8 models I bring in have the same thigh issue of both of them bending at as much as a 90 degree angle (during jumps), though always being bent forward the rest of the time.. I'm currently using the latest version of Daz to Unreal https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToUnreal/releases/tag/v5.0.1.130 though it happened with the previous 5.2 version as well. I admit I was kind of hoping this version would fix the problem, so I waited until now.

Anyway since it happens with any genesis 8 model I’ve sent over, I’ve been forced to return to 5.11 where it works perfectly. Is anybody else getting this problem? Did I do something dumb? I’ve been messing with it since UE4… And never had this problem. Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• ales_sh2006ales_sh2006 Posts: 1
    edited July 2023

Hello, I'm having the same problem, with arms and legs.
    everything works perfectly in UE5.1 But all attempts made with UE5.2.X have broken arms and legs. Unfortunately my main project was made in
    UE 5.2.x and there is no way to downgrade.
    I use genesis 8.1

edit:
    I forgot to mention one detail, maybe this can help you.
    The way I work around this problem is to create new individual IK chains for each bone in the arms and legs. Obviously excluding twist bones.
    But this workaround does not negate the question of whether there is a way to retargete normally. ty ;)
    Post edited by ales_sh2006 on
  • Interesting, I might just end up doing that if the problem persists for long enough. For now I've just currently been sitting on 5.1 until they come up with a fix. However after joining the Daz To Unreal Discord, I've learned this is just an inherent problem with 5.2, and currently they don't have a fix (as of 4 days ago). It will probably be awhile but at least you and I can take comfort in the fact that we aren't doing it wrong. This is a problem with all 8/8.1 characters in UE 5.2.

• thank you very much for the info =D ♥
  • Crazy Dog LadyCrazy Dog Lady Posts: 2
    edited August 2023

I was having the same problem with retargeting, and in certain positions it looked like my character was...um...going commando, so to speak.  Thanks for letting me know what the problem was.  I was going to go through Blender and redo it that way, or possibly just redo everything using 5.1 and then migrate.  I'll give redoing the rig a chance and see how that goes.  The Blender way, even with plugins, takes longer since I'm not as used to that.

I really appreciate the notice.  I was going nuts switching FK and IK settings while I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Post edited by Crazy Dog Lady on