How to. Custom G8 morph to G9 morph help

Ok, I have a body morph that I have been using since G3 (transferred over to G8 with a converter). It is a bunch of DAZ morphs combined with a single dial to control them all.  I really want to transfer this morph over to G9 (for personal use), without using the Riversoft converter if possible. first off, how would I make it be seen as a single morph when it isn't? I did think about exporting it dialed full on and then importing as a single morph, but then I wouldn't know where to go next. How would I save it? What about the head? then how to get it into G9?

Any tutorials, videos, ideas, or walkthrus on how to do this or if it is even possible would be appreciated.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Thanks. I will check it out tomorrow

Thanks for the video. I watched that and the one after on G2 and G3 characters and got it working. Well see down the road if there are any issues from it. Appreciate the link

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180

If it's just a body morph, more or less it should be fine, maybe just check fingernails and toenails to see if there's any tiny distortion. But potential issues of using Clones for converting head morphs would be some distortion on eyeballs, irises, mouth cavity, etc. depending on different custom figures...  and expressions as well like Eye Blink... for the eyelids cannot be 100% well closed in nearly 95+% conversion cases...

yeah, it was just a custom body morph, but it did come with the G8 face, which is fine with me. The weird thing is, if I open the project after I saved it, the morph is there and works fine, but if I load a fresh G9, it isn't listed anywhere. Ideally I would love to have it listed un full body - people like it is in G8. Any ideas on what I can change to fix both issues?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    edited June 2023

FSMCDesigns said:

yeah, it was just a custom body morph, but it did come with the G8 face, which is fine with me. The weird thing is, if I open the project after I saved it, the morph is there and works fine, but if I load a fresh G9, it isn't listed anywhere. Ideally I would love to have it listed un full body - people like it is in G8. Any ideas on what I can change to fix both issues?

You need to save the morph as a Morph Asset. Save ONLY your new morph. Drill down in the hierarchy and check only your morph.

Post edited by barbult on

Perfect. Thanks!