Headshop Install

So I bought the new Headshop 2023 LT, and have had problems installing it.. I contiue to get an error when I install it to my directory where my other plugins are.  The same thing is happening on my backu computer that has a different path, which I followed. The instructions say you must install to the directory where your plugins ae and the way you figure that out is to go to the menu where you find About Plugins and it shows the path.

Since I don't see any other posts with others having this problem, I assume I am doing something wrong. Can anyone help me out on the install?

DAZStudio_0va7fevAtH.png
615 x 510 - 33K
1.png
956 x 536 - 70K
2.png
956 x 536 - 122K
3.png
956 x 536 - 80K
4.png
956 x 536 - 78K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180

Better submit a support ticket or ask for refund... as I believe others who bought this product will more or less encounter the similar problem. I ever bought OneClick 2022 (NLA now in the store) which nearly brought me nothing good but frequent crashes and various issues...

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,245
    edited June 2023

As I recall, the install path is not specified to the plugin folder, but to the folder up from that one, to the folder holding the D/S exe file.

That being said, a different edition of HS won't work in my W11Pro set up at all either.

D/S has to be installed to its default location which mine is not, but even in redirecting it, it still couldn't find itself. And there was some file it was asking for, and not only could it not find it, neither could I.

He does like to provide support via Skype and will likely be by to suggest you call him.

And/or go with crosswind's suggestion.

[and H/S never works with beta releases AFAIK]

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • bueller1998_df4ca4b697 said:

So I bought the new Headshop 2023 LT, and have had problems installing it.. I contiue to get an error when I install it to my directory where my other plugins are.  The same thing is happening on my backu computer that has a different path, which I followed. The instructions say you must install to the directory where your plugins ae and the way you figure that out is to go to the menu where you find About Plugins and it shows the path.

Since I don't see any other posts with others having this problem, I assume I am doing something wrong. Can anyone help me out on the install?

Easy. According to your screenshot, you are trying to install HeadShop to DAZ 3D/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3d/DAZStudio4/plugin. That is NOT what the instructions say. The correct location in your case is is DAZ 3D/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3d.

I also suggest you notice in the README that tech support is available at [email protected].

Best, Laslo