no thumbnail, not able to load content *FIXED*

DarkEleganceDarkElegance Posts: 356

Hi,

I purchased the "stylish attic" when it was on sale abit back. Today I went to try and use one of the chairs.
But I noticed when I tried to go to "smart content" There is no thumbails for the items. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it(via the smart content) But that didnt fix it.
Every time I try and load an item, it gives an error and tells me to look at the log.
Which shows.

2023-06-24 23:44:08.392 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /Environments/Architecture/Tesla3DCorp/Stylish Attic/Zero Props/Stylish Attic Comfort Chair.duf
2023-06-24 23:44:08.392 [INFO] ::     E:/MY DAZ/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_53193/environments/architecture/tesla3dcorp/stylish attic/zero props/stylish attic comfort chair.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['
2023-06-24 23:44:08.392 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: E:/MY DAZ/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_53193/environments/architecture/tesla3dcorp/stylish attic/zero props/stylish attic comfort chair.duf
2023-06-24 23:44:08.392 [INFO] ::     Operation failed
2023-06-24 23:44:08.498 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
2023-06-24 23:44:08.498 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
2023-06-24 23:44:21.514 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path: /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_7877_Michael_4_Base_Puppeteer_StudioCF.dsx
2023-06-24 23:44:29.290 [INFO] :: Updated metadata for 0 of 1 items.
2023-06-24 23:44:30.676 [INFO] :: Updated metadata for 1 of 2 items.
2023-06-24 23:44:30.835 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(660): sync completed successfully, 2 items succeeded, 0 items failed.
2023-06-24 23:44:30.835 [INFO] :: Metadata update succeeded.
2023-06-24 23:44:41.801 [INFO] :: "Stylish Attic": Uninstall Succeeded.
2023-06-24 23:44:44.556 [INFO] :: Beginning Install of "Stylish Attic"
2023-06-24 23:46:04.225 [INFO] :: "Stylish Attic": Install Succeeded.
2023-06-24 23:46:13.257 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /Environments/Architecture/Tesla3DCorp/Stylish Attic/Zero Props/Stylish Attic Bed.duf
2023-06-24 23:46:13.257 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
2023-06-24 23:46:13.257 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
2023-06-24 23:46:13.321 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 2
2023-06-24 23:46:13.321 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 3
2023-06-24 23:46:13.321 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 2
2023-06-24 23:46:13.321 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /Environments/Architecture/Tesla3DCorp/Stylish Attic/Zero Props/Stylish Attic Bed.duf
2023-06-24 23:46:13.322 [INFO] ::     E:/MY DAZ/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_53193/environments/architecture/tesla3dcorp/stylish attic/zero props/stylish attic bed.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['
2023-06-24 23:46:13.322 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: E:/MY DAZ/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_53193/environments/architecture/tesla3dcorp/stylish attic/zero props/stylish attic bed.duf
2023-06-24 23:46:13.322 [INFO] ::     Operation failed
2023-06-24 23:46:13.418 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
2023-06-24 23:46:13.418 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.

I know the "young wizard" clothing for gen 8 doesnt show Icon(thumbnails) Either but I havent tried it as yet.

Post edited by DarkElegance on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,245
    edited June 2023

? is the product on your computer/harddrive or is it in 'the cloud' ... how was it installed? Uninstall it using the same method.

Whether using DIM or Daz Connect whatever, make sure that the installation paths are correct.

Myself, I install most things manually. Open Content Library and 'everything' should be available there. If you manually download and unzip one of the product folders, you can see where the product is put -- look for it in the Content Library Tab.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012
    edited June 2023

stylish attic comfort chair.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['
    stylish attic bed.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

The files are incomplete/corrupted, which is not uncommon when installing products with DAZ Connect inside DS (in 'Smart' Content)

One of the problems using DAZ Connect to install ones products is that one cannot fix the issues by using DIM, DAZ Central or manual installation, because DAZ Connect installed versions take priority, even when they are not working.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180
    edited June 2023

Alghough this ' Syntax error - expected '{' or '[' ' can be rarely encountered, I really found one in a recent product 'JS Micah HD for Genesis 9'... However, after checking Stylish Attic, I found neither of these two files (Stylish Attic Bed.duf and Stylish Attic Comfort Chair.duf) has such an error. The product can be completely seen in Smart Content and the props can be loaded with no problem.  Anyway, always suggest stay away from DAZ Connect but just use DIM... Pls try to install this product with the latter.

PS: If you have EmEditor (not sure if Notepad++ can do this), you may open the duf file, EmEditor will remind you if there's any error of such and locate to the related line(s) of coding...

SNAG-2023-6-25-0004.png
    1037 x 1399 - 109K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

crosswind said:

Alghough this ' Syntax error - expected '{' or '[' ' can be rarely encountered, I really found one in a recent product 'JS Micah HD for Genesis 9'... However, after checking Stylish Attic, I found neither of these two files (Stylish Attic Bed.duf and Stylish Attic Comfort Chair.duf) has such an error.

The files that DAZ Connect installs are encrypted on the server and decrypted on the fly when installing, so one cannot see problems someone else has.

In order to get DIM installed files working, one has to uninstall the DAZ Connect installed ones first and maybe refresh the metadata in the database (And stop logging into DS forever). When that is done, one can install the product with DIM.

• PerttiA said:

crosswind said:

Alghough this ' Syntax error - expected '{' or '[' ' can be rarely encountered, I really found one in a recent product 'JS Micah HD for Genesis 9'... However, after checking Stylish Attic, I found neither of these two files (Stylish Attic Bed.duf and Stylish Attic Comfort Chair.duf) has such an error.

The files that DAZ Connect installs are encrypted on the server and decrypted on the fly when installing, so one cannot see problems someone else has.

In order to get DIM installed files working, one has to uninstall the DAZ Connect installed ones first and maybe refresh the metadata in the database (And stop logging into DS forever). When that is done, one can install the product with DIM.

If the files are there but not decrypted it is OK to open the ZIP and copy the folders from the Content folder into the /data/cloud/1_SKU/ folder (where SKU is the five digit product code).

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180
    edited June 2023

Right ~~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • DarkEleganceDarkElegance Posts: 356

Catherine3678ab said:

? is the product on your computer/harddrive or is it in 'the cloud' ... how was it installed? Uninstall it using the same method.

Whether using DIM or Daz Connect whatever, make sure that the installation paths are correct.

Myself, I install most things manually. Open Content Library and 'everything' should be available there. If you manually download and unzip one of the product folders, you can see where the product is put -- look for it in the Content Library Tab.

As noted in my original post, it is noted as being installed, uninstalled and reinstalled via the smart content tab in daz.

edited June 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

crosswind said:

If the files are there but not decrypted it is OK to open the ZIP and copy the folders from the Content folder into the /data/cloud/1_SKU/ folder (where SKU is the five digit product code).

I'll try that now. Thanks. I take it, if I run across this with the "young wizard" content, the same appies? Find the SKU folder and put it in there?

EDIT: That did it! Thanks for the heads up, now I know how to fix that issue in the future! much appreciate it.

Btw. In the "available" tab. I have it set for "sort by order date: recent first" it...never shows that I always have to go scrolling through to find what I just ordered(I have not installed everything I have on my content list as some of it I just dont need right now, like g2 stuff) I have tried to put it to "oldest first" close it, re-open it and reset it to "recent first" and close it, open it and...nope. It still is all hilly piggly. Right now. according to my list I just purchased the g2 content

Post edited by DarkElegance on
  • Something in the transfer to the new store software broke the order date info (it failed at that time without any change in DS) and the issue still hasn't been resolved - it is very annoying.

Richard Haseltine said:

Something in the transfer to the new store software broke the order date info (it failed at that time without any change in DS) and the issue still hasn't been resolved - it is very annoying.

Ah ok. Then it is not a "user error". Thanks for solving that mystery :)