Genesis 8 Male - Eyelashes not aligned/attached

Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181

Hello good people.

I come to you with a bit of a issue that I'm currently facing and I have no idea what might have caused it.

I was fiddling with a G8 Male character of mine to update few things here and there and zooming in on his face, I did realize that the eyelashes were detached from the lid itself.
I though, per usual, that I did something wrong. Maybe some morph were upsetting the model and for good measure I decided to load a pristine G8M ... but you can see yourself that the issue persists.

I went and check some old renders of mine and the issue wasn't there so it has to be recent? Something that I've installed perhaps?

I've also tried with Genesis 8.1 Male figure and it works like a charm, no matter what face morph you slap, the lashes are properly attached and moves accordingly.

Any idea/suggestions?

Also I cannot attach files for some unknown reasons ...
I'll link a g-Drive link with the two screenshots and the log file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GJp_7BUuPxydrfDD0TxKRYhhC0uJ3dTT?usp=drive_link

Post edited by Alien Alloy on

Comments

• Does Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape fix it?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180

From the log, there seems a culprit - character : Ren for Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 8 Male... (from Darwins Mishap(s)). Have you installed this product recently?

There was a wrong 'default value' (100%)  on the partial head morph was dialed on the eyelashes... you may select the eyelashes, Show Hidden Properties, check if there's a dial - 'PHMRen Eyealsh' or sth. has a value 100%...

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181

Richard Haseltine said:

Does Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape fix it?

That is one of the very first thing I tested out before writing the help request. Didn't help :D

crosswind said:

From the log, there seems a culprit - character : Ren for Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 8 Male... (from Darwins Mishap(s)). Have you installed this product recently?

There was a wrong 'default value' (100%)  on the partial head morph was dialed on the eyelashes... you may select the eyelashes, Show Hidden Properties, check if there's a dial - 'PHMRen Eyealsh' or sth. has a value 100%...

But here is the thing. I did check that log entry myself and went looking for the file and culprit.
    Fact is that I do not own this Ren character. So I have no clue why the G8M is making a query for it.
    Unless for some obscure reasons it is tied to another character that I might own of the same author?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

I wrote a ticket on this a few months ago. Long story short, The Ren morph for the eyelashes is a function of the Head morph. No problem with that, but if you use Turbo Loader, the head morph is disabled, making it invisible to the function, which defaults the eyelash morph to 1.0 all the time. Other more recent eyelash morphs from the same vendor are coded in a way that avoids this problem.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180

Yes... check if you used Turbo Loader...still, check if there's any full head morph or partial head morph dialed in Eyelashes hidden properties. On a pure G8M Base figure, the eyelashes won't be 'detached' if there's nothing weird 'dialed' in its properties...

NorthOf45 said:

I wrote a ticket on this a few months ago. Long story short, The Ren morph for the eyelashes is a function of the Head morph. No problem with that, but if you use Turbo Loader, the head morph is disabled, making it invisible to the function, which defaults the eyelash morph to 1.0 all the time. Other more recent eyelash morphs from the same vendor are coded in a way that avoids this problem.

Interesting.

I'm not using Turbo Loader but with all this morph and what not, it is bound to have some issues from time to time I guess?

crosswind said:

Yes... check if you used Turbo Loader...still, check if there's any full head morph or partial head morph dialed in Eyelashes hidden properties. On a pure G8M Base figure, the eyelashes won't be 'detached' if there's nothing weird 'dialed' in its properties...

I did some testing and eventually I managed to have it back as it should.
    But I had pretty much to wipe G8M entirely and manually re-install my characters, one by one and see if all worked out fine.

So far so good I say.