Can Genesis 9 wear Genesis 8.1 clothing?

I'm having trouble making Gen 8/8.1 clothing fit to Gen 9 characters... Do I need to update my DAZ version or something?  I'm currently using DAZ 4.16 Pro...

Comments

• Yes, most likely - try the Public build (Beta) (free from the store if you don't alerady have it) to test without touching the General Release isntall of 4.16.x.x.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

You can use this product: https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-genesis-8-to-genesis-9 to convert Gen 8/.1 clothing to Genesis 9.

• squirtsquirt Posts: 159

FenixPhoenix said:

You can use this product: https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-genesis-8-to-genesis-9 to convert Gen 8/.1 clothing to Genesis 9.

Ok, but should you really need a Converter Program?   Shouldn't DAZ just as you which version of Genesis the figure pertains to and by selecting the correct version, make the clothing Fit to the character?  Like how it worked when you used Gen3 cloths on a Gen 8 figure. ..

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, most likely - try the Public build (Beta) (free from the store if you don't alerady have it) to test without touching the General Release isntall of 4.16.x.x.

Most likely?  You mean you haven't tried doing such yet??

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

squirt said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, most likely - try the Public build (Beta) (free from the store if you don't alerady have it) to test without touching the General Release isntall of 4.16.x.x.

The autofit does work for properly configured systems in the Beta.  "Most likely" is correct since often people have problems for other reasons too such as corrupted files, misconfiguration, etc... 

nemesis10 said:

squirt said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The autofit does work for properly configured systems in the Beta.  "Most likely" is correct since often people have problems for other reasons too such as corrupted files, misconfiguration, etc... 

Ah.. It makes sense now why I'm having troubles.  I hope that DAZ fixes this huge problem.

Thank you very much for solving this present mystery for me Nemesis10. :)

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

Definitely add the beta.... it allows you to keep your old version of Daz Studio and some useful stuff has been added... least of which is full Implementation of Genesis 9.  It is hard troubleshooting your problem if you are starting out with a version where things will barely work.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

What I achieved yesterday will certainly not work for every piece of clothing but I was trying it just to see what results I would get.  I loaded the base female characters for the Genesis line - Geneisis, 2, 3, 8 and 9. and then loaded the same Genesis piece of clothing onto all of them.  With Autofit, I did not have to make any adjustments to any of the fits except for Genesis 3,

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

It's a hit-and-miss type of thing. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180

General Release + Public Build should be a best practice for most of the DS users...