Adding or saving mesh offset to an existing prop

MeneerWolfmanMeneerWolfman Posts: 421

[Adding or saving mesh offset to an existing prop] I'm assuming this can be done because I have seen props and clothing that have mesh offset under their properties, but do not have the actual push modifier weight node load with the prop or clothing.

I've successfully added the push modifier, but how do I now save the prop so the mesh offset stays?

Thank you kindly.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

The weight node is, and was originally called, a weight access node - it is a way to select something to say you want to target the weight map for the Push Modifier, but the weightmapa ctually eblongs to the Push Modifier and will not go away if the access node is deleted.

• Thanks, Richard. If I save the prop as a new prop, will that include the push modifier in it? Is there a way to save just the push modifier to an existing prop without have to save it as a new prop? The same way you can save a morph to an existing figure or prop without having to save the prop as a whole new product?

• The push modifier is a live efect, so the only way to keep it is on the item it is applied to - though you can of coruse export as OBJ and then load as a morph (using the same preset for both operations).

• Got it. 

Thanks, Richard. Appreciate the help as always.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,180
    edited June 2023

Push modifier is a geometry modifier, just like a Smoothing modifier, it would be always along with the new prop / figure that you saved, e.g. Wearable preset, Subset, etc

Post edited by crosswind on