Using (converting) genesis 2 morphs on (to) genesis 8,

For a long time I thought genesis 2 morphs on genesis 8 because of backward compatibility of Daz. But today I found it is not possible. Namely I cannot find any genesis 2 morph for genesis 8.

I wonder if I just want to use/convert genesis 2 morphs on genesis 8 (instead of whole character including the textures etc.), is there an easy way? 

Comments

• tayloranderson2047tayloranderson2047 Posts: 116
    edited June 2023

I am aware of Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D but I find it hard to use. There are oftentimes errors when I use it

Post edited by tayloranderson2047 on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

There's no easier way than the character converter.

• tayloranderson2047tayloranderson2047 Posts: 116
    edited June 2023

Leana said:

I wish there were something that can convert genesis 2 morph to genesis 8 just using .dsf without even having to open daz studio... But anyway, I think "transfer ulitity" might do the job...

Post edited by tayloranderson2047 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

tayloranderson2047 said:

Leana said:

I wish there were something that can convert genesis 2 morph to genesis 8 just using .dsf without even having to open daz studio... But anyway, I think "transfer ulitity" might do the job...

makes me wonder what you are using the morphs for if not wanting to use them in Daz Studio. I hope it is not for game use since mods are prohibited.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

tayloranderson2047 said:

Leana said:

There are ways to use transfer utility tool to convert morphs, but it will certainly not convert anything without opening DS (if only because it's a part of DS). 

Moreover it won’t be easier than using an automated conversion tool.

• FSMCDesigns said:

tayloranderson2047 said:

Leana said:

makes me wonder what you are using the morphs for if not wanting to use them in Daz Studio. I hope it is not for game use since mods are prohibited.

I still want to use them in Daz Studio, of course. It is just that I only want to convert the morph. So theoretically there must be a way that I don't have to open Daz (let alone load a G2 and G8 relative morphs...), just converting the dsf morph files for G2 directly to dsf morph files for G8

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

tayloranderson2047 said:

FSMCDesigns said:

tayloranderson2047 said:

Leana said:

I still want to use them in Daz Studio, of course. It is just that I only want to convert the morph. So theoretically there must be a way that I don't have to open Daz (let alone load a G2 and G8 relative morphs...), just converting the dsf morph files for G2 directly to dsf morph files for G8

In principle, you could do it yourself in a spreadsheet. The morph files are human readable text files with information on where each of the vertices should move when the morph is applied.

All one needs to do, is create a translation table between the vertices of G2 and G8, then create a morph that makes G8 form identical to G2, and map each movement of the G2 vertex in the morph one wants to translate to a nearby vertex on the morphed G8.