Lips transfer.

Rev3DRev3D Posts: 69

Hi all I have more questions, seems like I have question after question when I comes to Daz as a lot have probably been in the same position.

Anyway my question this time is, I have two different G9 Models next to each other. One has some lips that I like and the other has the rest of the face structure I like and want. Is it possible to take the lips from the model on the left (in screenshot) and apply that directly to the model on the right (in screenshot)? I don't want the rest of the features of the left model just the lips. 

Thank you for your help again it is greatfully appreciated! 

See screenshot below.

https://gyazo.com/efe8d32f4db970adcf02bf03cb1ecbf1

Post edited by Rev3D on

Comments

• Are you wanting shape, materials or both?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

first you need to see if it is a custom face morph, or just lots of little DAZ morphs where you can just duplicate the lips morphs used. If it is a custom face morph, you "might" be able to use shape splitter to select just the lips, but I doubt it

https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

• Rev3DRev3D Posts: 69

FSMCDesigns said:

first you need to see if it is a custom face morph, or just lots of little DAZ morphs where you can just duplicate the lips morphs used. If it is a custom face morph, you "might" be able to use shape splitter to select just the lips, but I doubt it

https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

Thank you for the reply, how do I know if its a custom face morph or just lots of little Daz morphs?

The shape splitter on the page doesn't have genesis 9 on the compatible figures so don't think that will work.  

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181

Check Currently Used... if it comes from a single dial of a character's Head morph...

Shape Splitter does work on G9 but I've never tried extracting a unique partial shape from Lips. I also doubt if you can make a perfect result by default settings as FSMCDesigns mentioned, though the splitter can calculate the weight of vertices. More likely you need to use a dFormer with weight map on the head, but there's no dFormer preset for G9 along with the product, so you have to create one by youself.. if needed.

crosswind said:

Check Currently Used... if it comes from a single dial of a character's Head morph...

Shape Splitter does work on G9 but I've never tried extracting a unique partial shape from Lips. I also doubt if you can make a perfect result by default settings as FSMCDesigns mentioned, though the splitter can calculate the weight of vertices. More likely you need to use a dFormer with weight map on the head, but there's no dFormer preset for G9 along with the product, so you have to create one by youself.. if needed.

Yes the head is a single dial. The lips that I used for the model on the left are from the Big Lips Morph by Anagord. So I wanted to just apply that straight to the model on the right. But for some reason whenever I try to apply the big lips morph to the right model the lips don't change. I'm assuming that's because the head is a single dial set to 100%? It's just annoying that the lips won't change when applying the big lips morph. 

edited June 2023

I don't have the figure in the right though she looks very familiar to me... who's she... I'm old... I just use another Char to test, it seemed working.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Rev said:

crosswind said:

Yes the head is a single dial. The lips that I used for the model on the left are from the Big Lips Morph by Anagord. So I wanted to just apply that straight to the model on the right. But for some reason whenever I try to apply the big lips morph to the right model the lips don't change. I'm assuming that's because the head is a single dial set to 100%? It's just annoying that the lips won't change when applying the big lips morph. 

If it is just a lip morph, then you should be able to apply it to the other model as long as they are both the same generation.  Keep in mind that since the two have different face morphs,  even if youi do get the lip morph to work, it might not look the same as it did on the other model.

Exactly, as FSMCDesigns mentioned. So normally we will sent to Zbrush or Blender to sculpt more.. for in such a case of using a Custom head morph, the technique of removing vertices of Lips' shape won't work...

Yeah so I figured out what the problem was, instead of applying the head (double clicking on smart content) I just used the face slider on the gen 9 dev load which then allowed me to apply the lips on top. For some reason if I apply the face morph from smart content it doesn't allow me to apply the lips but if I do it the other way I mentioned I can apply the lips.

Thank you all for the help.

crosswind said:

I don't have the figure in the right though she looks very familiar to me... who's she... I'm old... I just use another Char to test, it seemed working.

What version of Daz are you running? It looks so different to my version. 

Rev said:

crosswind said:

Just 4.21 Pro / Beta 呀~ What's different?

crosswind said:

Rev said:

crosswind said:

Just 4.21 Pro / Beta 呀~ What's different?

Just the look, looks really different to mine.

https://gyazo.com/fa2e1383b8ddcba4a30db6cf1abc52a5

edited June 2023

Well, first we use different Styles..yours is Darkside, mine is Highway. 2nd, I customized quite a few items on Menu and Toolbars... that's why...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Well, first we use different Styles..yours is Darkside, mine is Highway. 2nd, I customized quite a few items on Menu and Toolbars... that's why...

I did not know there was different styles neat. Anyway thanks again for the help. 

My pleasure ~blush