Metahumans imported to Daz? Smart Content and AI?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

Metahumans imported to Daz? Smart Content and AI?

Can they become Genesis 9 models?

Can smart content become intelligent content?

IC

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

And another thought?

How will AI help me make use of my Daz library in the future?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,181

Rex,

Pt1: Nope, as far as I know... but if a MH figure can be 'exported' as an obj file, then Yes, they could be 'Wrapped' with Wrap3D/4D as a G9 figure.

Pt2: If you meant 'Your Daz Library', or in other words, 'the assets in Your Daz Library', I'm afraid currently no 'AI' (web or local app) can, let alone 'how'. Although there's a Tafi (Beta has not been released yet), I don't think it will utilize your 'local assets'...

However everything is possible ~ as an IT veteran, I DO believe, from technical perspective, 'AI' definitely can...and DAZ3D must be involved for sure~~

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

but they are not licensed to use with anything but Unreal Engine 

Actually I'm pretty interested in Tafi (though I just got an email from it still with no 'Beta' enclosed).  The most important and interesting things might be its 'profit model' which could be more complex and interesting than any other 'AI' of 2D.  Maybe a typical case, for instance:

- Assuming I used 5 character assets on hand in my Lib to blend a figure and tried quite a lot params combination, but finally got no satisfying 'fusion result';
    - Then I enter the text in Tafi saying 'a head morph which.... blah blah blah' even clearly type in the names of those 5 characters. After 30 secs, the result(s) show on the screen.
    Me: Holly sh*t, that 'angel' (No.1) is the very one I want!  but... the alternative No.3 is even much much beautiful !
    Tafi: 15 token for No.1 while 30 for No.3, as if it got what I thought ? !  (妈妈咪呀,thanks to the algorithm !! ) 
    - Then I choose No.3 for sure... token balance is reduced by 30... Tafi show me the download link... or let's say: even a G9 single head morph dsf file. I click a button, the morph is automatically installed into my Lib.
    ( Transaction was completed and recorded!  Both of Tafi and me are satisfied ! ) devil

- But later on I wonder where the texture maps are ?  Then I ask Tafi.
    Tafi: No.1's texture is from Pixie 9 呀! (你什么眼神儿?)
    Me: Ha, that's gr....! Hey, I mean No.3 !  (你什么脑子?)
    Tafi: Oh, sorry!  No.3 is from Ally 9..
    Me: なに?I didn't type in anything related to Ally 9 !
    Tafi: Have you carefully read ToS, Ms. crosswind?  'All generated 'Alternative Results' are not 100% limited to what you entered'... (That's a reall AI !! )
    (...it took me 2 mins to revisit ToS...)
    Me: Ok, ok ~ just give me Ally 9.
    Tafi: As usual, pls go to https://www.daz3d.com/shop/ to bring Ally 9 back home (into Lib)
    (...it took me 10 mins to get Ally 9 and apply the material preset to 'AI No.3'. Then I found I could not get the same result after tweaking a lot... )
    Tafi suddenly says (Voice add-on ? ! !) : Sorry, the visual effect of No.3 is from our value-added service: Tafi Ai Shader, Tafi Ai Lightening, Tafi Ai Post-Work... the token for different options are .......
    Me: Wow, that's great! Hmm, I'd like..
    ( 120 token reduced from balance. Both of Tafi and me are satisfied again ! ) devil

....one day, While I was downloading DS 7.5,  I saw a notification from mailbox: Tafi will be totally free starting from...angel 

なに ? ? ! ! Suddenly, I woke up ...  

edited June 2023

I like the Unreal meta humans but, in all honesty, other than MHs having nice fluid motion in realtime, Daz figures render at a much higher quality. At least that is my understanding. And the assets in Daz are vast.

All Daz really needs is a sleek real time interface for their figures.

This would mean adding more to the animation aspects of DS.

Daz is The Sims on steroids. I think using metahumans in Daz would be a step backward. We just got 8K textures with Genesis 9. 

But, as for gaming, these new metahumans are fantastic! No more mouthing words that don't even sync!

The new games that are coming out will have huge leaps in quality.

I have 10,000 assets in Daz, I love how smart content works but it is sort of slow and it does not list even half of my assets.

AI could help big time here. 

If AI could learn the entire Daz library, then it could be tailored for each user's available content.

Smart content is not that smart.

Auto fit should becoem AI as well.

When I use a Gen 9 character AI should convert legacy items on the fly.

When I am in IRAY AI should change 3Delight to IRAY.

AI should list all legacy items in smart content.
    What would be REALLY fantastic is if AI could convert ALL Daz assets i.e. skin materials, poses, clothing, hair, shaders, props, morphs to work with ALL figure generations of Daz.

Post edited by RexRed on

crosswind said:

Actually I'm pretty interested in Tafi (though I just got an email from it still with no 'Beta' enclosed).  The most important and interesting things might be its 'profit model' which could be more complex and interesting than any other 'AI' of 2D.  Maybe a typical case, for instance:

- Assuming I used 5 character assets on hand in my Lib to blend a figure and tried quite a lot params combination, but finally got no satisfying 'fusion result';
    - Then I enter the text in Tafi saying 'a head morph which.... blah blah blah' even clearly type in the names of those 5 characters. After 30 secs, the result(s) show on the screen.
    Me: Holly sh*t, that 'angel' (No.1) is the very one I want!  but... the alternative No.3 is even much much beautiful !
    Tafi: 15 token for No.1 while 30 for No.3, as if it got what I thought ? !  (妈妈咪呀,thanks to the algorithm !! ) 
    - Then I choose No.3 for sure... token balance is reduced by 30... Tafi show me the download link... or let's say: even a G9 single head morph dsf file. I click a button, the morph is automatically installed into my Lib.
    ( Transaction was completed and recorded!  Both of Tafi and me are satisfied ! ) devil

- But later on I wonder where the texture maps are ?  Then I ask Tafi.
    Tafi: No.1's texture is from Pixie 9 呀! (你什么眼神儿?)
    Me: Ha, that's gr....! Hey, I mean No.3 !  (你什么脑子?)
    Tafi: Oh, sorry!  No.3 is from Ally 9..
    Me: なに?I didn't type in anything related to Ally 9 !
    Tafi: Have you carefully read ToS, Ms. crosswind?  'All generated 'Alternative Results' are not 100% limited to what you entered'... (That's a reall AI !! )
    (...it took me 2 mins to revisit ToS...)
    Me: Ok, ok ~ just give me Ally 9.
    Tafi: As usual, pls go to https://www.daz3d.com/shop/ to bring Ally 9 back home (into Lib)
    (...it took me 10 mins to get Ally 9 and apply the material preset to 'AI No.3'. Then I found I could not get the same result after tweaking a lot... )
    Tafi suddenly says (Voice add-on ? ! !) : Sorry, the visual effect of No.3 is from our value-added service: Tafi Ai Shader, Tafi Ai Lightening, Tafi Ai Post-Work... the token for different options are .......
    Me: Wow, that's great! Hmm, I'd like..
    ( 120 token reduced from balance. Both of Tafi and me are satisfied again ! ) devil

....one day, While I was downloading DS 7.5,  I saw a notification from mailbox: Tafi will be totally free starting from...angel 

なに ? ? ! ! Suddenly, I woke up ...  

Checking out Tafi, thanks for the tip! 

edited June 2023

A real-time engine of UE is totally different from DS which was developed for 'offline rendering', not comparable...

G9 only has a couple of 8K textures just for Detail Normal Maps, not for other slots...

All assets could be shown and managed in Smart Content no matter they're from daz3d.com or 3rd-party sites, as long as you install them to Smart Content by DIM or Content Wizard or manually create a Product with metadat (for Legacy, even Poser formats).

If it's a web application of AI, it should not touch your local Lib 'cause it has its own Libs in which there might be 90,000+ products / assets. If there's an on-demand version of AI which could be just installed on your PC to utilize your local Libs, there'll be a different story... I don't think there will be in a short term...

I believe all wearables in Tafi's 'assets libs' could be 'AI-ed' and fitted on the generated figures as per what you need (the text you entered)... But for assuring the speed of generation, the mechanism might be different, e.g. cross-generation assets might have a pre-converted version or sth.. If Tafi has a really robust backend hardware, 'on the fly' may be even expected. Who knows...

Well Smart Content is just used for searching and managing your assets just like a catalogue. It will help with quickly finding the products as per the categories and / or the 'key words' you entered. That 'Smart(s)' is different from the 'AI' we're talking about.

As for Iray rendering, I don't think Tafi will give you an 'online render of iray' but just a VE with a real-time engine. It more or less proved the point in the Demo video.

For the last point, from technical perspective, all of those could be done with 'AI application' in which 'the algorithm' has to be pre-defined and coded. In fact nearly all the DAZ 'converters' are nearly doing the same things... If we DO insist on having a so-called 'AI application' for 'conversion', that'll be just a complex 'automated process', not really a big deal.. 

Post edited by crosswind on