[SOLVED] Directories/Paths for custom created product

arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143

Hello,

Just in order to be sure : When creating a custom product, how to handle the directories matter? Are the directories "duplicated" from my "working directories" during the product creation process or I need to place the files myself and DAZ only read the paths?

Post edited by arthenics on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Not fully sure how to understand your question.

Csutom products can use the already existing libraries, but I would suggest you create a new library for you creation. The library should follow the same file structure as existing libraries.

When adding a new library, you must add it in Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager.

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143

My purpose is to create products for sale. And currently, my prototypes are running on a custom path.

There is an option "create product" and what I wish to know is if this option is enough in itself or if I have to place my directories in the DAZ directory before creating product.

DAZ products are usually both in the DAZ directory and the Product directory.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

What do you mean with Daz directory and Product directory? If you are referring to Smart Content, then it is not determined by where the product is created but on metadata. Metadata is a special activity.

Have you tried to install a product manually? That should give you an idea of which file structure you should end up with. E.g. you could go to the freebi section and grab a freebi and see how that is structured, as it hopefully uses the same standard.

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143

I mean the paths as we can see them in the "content library" panel. From your answer, I guess custom products have to be placed in the right directory in "DAZ product library" and then we can use "create product".

Well... it will wait until all my tests are done.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

If you are creating products for sale, PLEASE adhere to the correct folders and paths and not custom ones. I have stopped purchasing from some PAs that use vanity folders or the incorrect folders for their products.

foir instance, PA daveyabbo. I only use the content library, never smart content and their products should be in genesis 8 female - characters, but they are not, they are in character (missing the s) which creates clutter in my runtimes and makes me have to move files, so they don't get my money despite having quality products

• I would suggest adding a new content directory (not nested inside another) and placing all the project files in that, if saving support asset use the drop down at the top of the options dialogue to place them there, and put any readme in that folder - then you can zip it up and it will give you a clean product package with all and only the files that should be included.