Gen8 expressions zero to non-zero positions

Hi

Weird scenes. I have a character I've been rendering without any trouble for most of a month. Save scene, restore, no issues.

As of about 2 days ago the defaults for any of my expression "zero expression" selections slams the eyes shut tight and opens the mouth. I am trying to work out how that works but it is mystifying still.

I can get good expressions on the character but the preset expressions don't work properly and I have no idea why.  Some base configuration value that I can't see seems to have gotten corrupted. 

I've checked the settings for the face rig and the eyes. Nothing leaps out at me. Grumble.

I loaded a scratch Gen 8 character and she behaved normally.  So there's nothing wrong with the program or the content library. 

I will go back a few saves and try to find something that works.  

This one has me scratching my watch and winding my <bleep> 

Comments

• old-dogold-dog Posts: 21

OK... I went back a couple of saves and it all works as it should. 

Which still leaves me puzzled but at least there is a path forward. 

A theoretical explanation may relate to the system being open during an MS patch-Tuesday reboot that I didn't remember was on its way. File corruption can't be ruled out.

There are temporary files somewhere in the system that might relate to this, but I am not familiar with those.

Could someone advise where to delete temp files so that the system loads from scratch again?  If that's even a thing?

Thanks

• That sounds as if there is an extra proeprty added to the scene that is driving some exprerssions and not being zeroed. Had you used ERC Freeze or the Property Hierarchy between the scene that works and the scene that doesn't?

• old-dogold-dog Posts: 21

Actually think I have it figured out. I was using pose presets and transferring poses to the figure. Not Hierarchical, just the figure. I wanted the expression in the preset so it seemed OK.

BUT 

The default pose for expressions, appears to be that of the expression on the last pose preset it loaded. It seems to inherit that expression as default. I didn't notice it before as it was only subtly annoying little adjustments... but they accumulated as I continued until it turned into a bit of a project to figure out. 

It seems to require a bit more attention to detail than I had expected.

I like the pose presets, they're a fast save compared to trying to save the whole scene, but this default business is going to mess with my workflow.