How to create new conforming accessories for G8/9

Hello
I'd like to create, let's say some kind of armband, that will follow all the various bodymorphs you can have with a Genesis character, so it conforms automatically like the existing assets.
How does one create that ? How does it work to have a mesh adapt to so many shapes ? is there some type of pixel constraint ? I can't find ressources on the subject..
Thanks

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

If you use transfer rigging on your armband with the character as source, then it will default autofollow if your character is morphed.

It might cause some unwanted distortions, if the armband is intended as a hard object, which can be minimized by set (part of) the armband as rigid.

• Thanks, but is there somewhere documentation on the whole process? How should you prepare the mesh, how to import it... if you'd like to become a vendor for instance you must know all that..

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I am not aware of any documentation.

For modelling clothing and (rigged) accessories you want to model towards the base character, so when you import your object it will fit the character.

I think I have seen a product in the store describing the process, but can't remember.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,892

I have a series of tutorials, start with flat sandals - that will give you a good overview on what's involved :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2SdKrOTXeXA1qMgNE84AsM8_Wq63gOBF

• pasnoc_19191c30f0pasnoc_19191c30f0 Posts: 17
    edited June 2023

Thanks!

EDIT : @Mada Oh you use Modo, three Bonus Points for yousmiley

Post edited by pasnoc_19191c30f0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

Mada is a real expert. Her tutorials are excellent.