Changing vignette/thumbnail ("homemade" custom product)?

arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143

Hello,

How to change the vignette for a material/texture thumbnail (in smart content)? I've tried to change the miniature, but it ignores the change. Since it hardly generates it each time, my guess is there is a vignette saved somewhere but I'm not too sure when to search. Any hint?

Post edited by arthenics on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Are you talking about the image shown on a duf file?

Then it is saved together with the duf, with the same name as the duf added .png, 

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143
    edited June 2023

I've updated my post.

I mean the picture as it appears in the Smart Content and Content Library in Daz. In Windows, I can change it, but DAZ seems to ignore the update.

UPDATE : It looks like the file browser in DAZ is sometimes pretty slow to update. Now it works XD (at least for the Content Library)

Post edited by arthenics on
  • rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

arthenics said:

I've updated my post.

I mean the picture as it appears in the Smart Content and Content Library in Daz. In Windows, I can change it, but DAZ seems to ignore the update.

UPDATE : It looks like the file browser in DAZ is sometimes pretty slow to update. Now it works XD (at least for the Content Library)

It doesn't update automatically, right click in your content library, then select "Refresh".

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143

then select "Refresh".

I know about refresh but sometimes, it takes ages to really update. From time to time, I need to restart DAZ.

But I guess it's somehow related to my install that is using custom paths for the libraries. And it's likely both DAZ and my old PC are kinda slow.