Faster! FASTER!!!

What can I do to maximize how my system uses memory to make DAZ3d Studio operate more quickly?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,766

Well, the obvious one is buy better hardware but I guess that is not very practical for most people. I'm not too sure that you can do much else to your system unless you are talking about renders falling back to CPU because they won't fit in VRAM?  In which case you can try to ensure that Daz Studio has all of it by ensuring you do not have unrelated applications running at startup, when Daz Studio is rendering do not try and do anything else with the PC, just before rendering switch your viewport to the most simple display type as opposed to iray or textured preview.

There may be tweaks other people can suggest but after that my suggestion would be to focus on optimising the scene using the various tools out there to use instances instead of copied objects wherever possible, remove/hide elements that are not in the active camera view, downsize textures that are not being shown close-up or use the resource saver shaders.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Mostly loading new models is what seems to take forever. Rendering is slow but bearable.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,766

RKane_1 said:

Mostly loading new models is what seems to take forever. Rendering is slow but bearable.

Oh, well in that case you want to disable the available morphs for the generation you are trying to load. When you add a figure to the scene Daz applies and builds parameter controls for EVERY compatible morph. Thus the more you buy the slower the figures take to load.

If you are not already doing so then try running the beta build as that is a little bit quicker. Also, check your logs for any duplicate formulas since that will greatly slow down the load (beta is better at coping with these).

If those don't speed it up enough you can try temporarily disabling some morphs that you are not planning on using in the scene with Turbo Loader for that figure's generation - this is the product for G8.