How to manually fit Gen 8 hair to Genesis 9?

How to manually fit Gen 8 hair to Genesis 9?

I have Genesis 3 short hair that works well on Genesis 8

RSSY Gen 3 converter won't convert it to Gen 8 so I can't convert it to Gen 9.

I manually changed the ID so it was Gen 8 hair and RSSY still won't convert it.

This is the type of hair that the skull cap fits perfect, but the hair covers their face.

How do I manually fix this so I can save the hair and have it auto fit Gen 9 when I load it?

The gen 3 hair is a .duf file.

I can unparent it, place it there on their head, use mesh grabber and fit it manually but this is not really a proper solution. 

Is there a video or document where hair like this is fixed?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

There is nothing to "fix". If it was made to fit G8 and it fits G8, then it is working perfectly.

This how I parent hair to G9. I load G9 in default position, then load the hair and position. if I can't see the skull cap, I go into the surfaces tab and make everything but the skull cap transparent (you can reload the textures later). Then I position and add a smoothing modifier if I need a snug fit. Then I save it as a support asset - figure/prop asset

There are 3 ways to get non G9 hair to fit G9 right now, autofit, a converter, or parenting.

What is the hair and I will see if I have it.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

Thank you for your help MSMCDesigns.

I found this tutorial on YouTube.

It appears this method uses a morph and parenting to fit the hair to the top of the Gensis 9 head.

Tutorial: How to Fit (Poseable) Hair to Genesis 9

I did not think I could follow along with this video because the detail was too small but the written directions were a big help and very clear.

Muting the sound helped to not be as distracted.

I saved the hair as an subset