Where are Michael 4 "clothing" files stored on PC?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

Where are Michael 4 "Clothing" files stored on PC?

I am trying to convert my Michael 4 clothes with the RSSY M4 clothing converter to Genesis 8M.

I told the converter to look in the My Daz 3D Library/people/Michael 4/clothing directory and it said there was nothing there.

There are a lot of folders with .ds files, a few .daz files and there are also a number of .duf files and many of them are items like pants, shirts etc..

Aren't these the files it is supposed to be converting?

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

Assuming you purchased the product and have it installed then the files are in these locations.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282
    edited June 2023

SofaCitizen said:

Assuming you purchased the product and have it installed then the files are in these locations.

I am sorry, I should have been more specific.

I am not looking where Michael is stored on the PC but where his clothing files are stored.

This RSSY M4 to Gen 8 clothing converter it seems does not work.

I told it where the directories of M4 clothing are and it will not load one single item to convert...

Post edited by RexRed on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,189
    edited June 2023

Clothing should be in People/Michael 4/Clothing.

Post edited by felis on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited June 2023

Michael 4 clothes are in Poser format, just like Michael 4.

Files you will find in People/Michael 4/clothing are only DS materials for the clothes, if you want the actual clothes you'll need to look under Runtime/libraries/character.

Post edited by Leana on
    edited June 2023

Leana said:

Michael 4 clothes are in Poser format, just like Michael 4.

Files you will find in People/Michael 4/clothing are only DS materials for the clothes, if you want the actual clothes you'll need to look under Runtime/libraries/character.

Your response was a big help Leana! Thank you kindly for helping me find the clothing! The converter found almost 6000 items! Awesome and excited! yes

I have to look through this stuff and remove the non clothing items. Hours to pass while Gen 8 clothing is converting. smiley

Post edited by RexRed on

Well, I am currently proceeding through the first part of the conversion process. It is evident that only the .duf files are converting. It is skipping over the .cr2 files.

I will try to force convert the cr2 files.

I just wonder what the RSSY 8 to 9 converter will make of these files.

A lot of them are addons like wings and many clothing items the M4 converter skipped over.

I think out of 600 items, I will be lucky to get 50 items and the Gen 8 to 9 clothing converter will probably skip over them.

edited June 2023

I have noticed the M4 to Gen 8 converter converts and saves the old cr2 files to duf files. This is nice! But, a dialoge box pops up and I have to click General Weight Mapping and then click okay, then wait about a minute for the file to convert and the box pops up again asking the same thign for the next file, and so on. I have been a day doing this routine for 650 files... I have 478 left to go. frown   

Post edited by RexRed on